Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do it on Australia Day?
Big drinking day for a lot of people.

I find February easiest to take a break from alcohol.
Quietest month of the year for my work which involves a loooot of marketing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just tipped a bottle of Stones Vertical Epic Ale down the sink.

No matter how much I try, I just can't deal with wheat beers.....Oh well.....there goes $20.00
I'll never be a big wine drinker, don't mind a decent riesling or an Italian red now and then when the situation calls for it, but I think my maturation will come the day I start getting into rich, deep Belgian stuff and wheat beers. I just prefer hops and heavy bitterness to that real richness and the cloudiness of traditional beers and witbiers.

Anyway, been trying out the First Choice Liquor lately – their range is a lot different and their specials are good (quite often have $10 or $11 six packs for no reason, but there's a few to choose... did make the mistake of grabbing Red Stripes though to relive the London vibe... * those things are atrocious, just about the only beer I have ever hated – tastes like varnish, just woeful). They're selling Moosehead Pale Ale for $45 for a slab in the cans. It seems to be a light, watery American lager going off the online reviews... how true is this? Don't tend to like Canada but seems an okay deal. They also have Thunder Road IPA for $50 for a carton.

I'll never be a big wine drinker, don't mind a decent riesling or an Italian red now and then when the situation calls for it, but I think my maturation will come the day I start getting into rich, deep Belgian stuff and wheat beers. I just prefer hops and heavy bitterness to that real richness and the cloudiness of traditional beers and witbiers.

Anyway, been trying out the First Choice Liquor lately – their range is a lot different and their specials are good (quite often have $10 or $11 six packs for no reason, but there's a few to choose... did make the mistake of grabbing Red Stripes though to relive the London vibe... **** those things are atrocious, just about the only beer I have ever hated – tastes like varnish, just woeful). They're selling Moosehead Pale Ale for $45 for a slab in the cans. It seems to be a light, watery American lager going off the online reviews... how true is this? Don't tend to like Canada but seems an okay deal. They also have Thunder Road IPA for $50 for a carton.

Their prices sound like they a mirroring the quality.

Thunder Road IPA is fairly average, not sure how you make an non enjoyable IPA, but they and Montieths have managed too.

Moose head wouldn't be a beer I'd buy a slab of either.

What's a black IPA?

Also what's with the old English beers going missing in the last six months? Dan Murphy's used to always have Newcy Browns and now it's gone missing. It was always pretty expensive for what it was but it reminds me of good times and was an interesting beer because it's nothing like what I'd usually drink. They also don't seem to stock Boddington's or Tetley's at all either, nor John Smith.

842236_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569855080325.png

Saw this at my local IGA. Odd combination, have had a number of chilli beers and didn't really enjoy them.
Don't really enjoy flavoured beers full stop.

Rogue make a lot of creative beers, the one above is not one of their finest.

Black IPA's vary remarkably, some coffee, some rye. A beer that gives you the roastyness of a stout with the hop burst of an IPA. It can work very well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matso's is a great con; the way they charge nearly 30 bucks for six beers not even a full drink is remarkable.

Anyone know the best IPA at a low cost? Or lowest. None of this half-IPA malarky either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back