Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
I’m really looking forward to the Wildflower x Jester King ‘Nothing Fancy’ release this week; two of my favourite breweries.

The GABS award is an absolute joke, not one Wildflower beer making the top 100 but all the large distro, large company owned breweries taking out so many positions.
Wildflower is awesome. Them, Two meter tall are criminally under-rated at what they do. Consistently bang out the best sours in Aus by a mile

and Gabs, it is what it is. Stone and Wood is popular but aint the best beer in Aus. Furthys is palletable.

I had Dainton Zone 3 IPA as my favourite beer of the year, Super Hoppy, Hardly any fruit coming through, Piney and Rye. All my boxes ticked.

Headed to Antwerp in 2 months can anyone recommend me some good Belgium beers to try? I tend to like pale ales but I also love a good novelty beer (had a honey beer with rum soaked raisins in Finland and loved it).

OOOH BOOOY

Bring back Cantillon and You'll get a blowjob from any of the bearded oveweight bloke at the local craft bar

3 Fonteinen
Cantillon
Lindemans
Bruowerji
Brussels Beer project
Duvel
St Bernardus
Tilquin

Brussels has some absolutely stunning beer. Maybe not everyones taste, but just for what they are, nobody does it better
Cantillon is a must. Like If you cant make it anywhere else Get some Cantillion bro.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wildflower is awesome. Them, Two meter tall are criminally under-rated at what they do. Consistently bang out the best sours in Aus by a mile

and Gabs, it is what it is. Stone and Wood is popular but aint the best beer in Aus. Furthys is palletable.

I had Dainton Zone 3 IPA as my favourite beer of the year, Super Hoppy, Hardly any fruit coming through, Piney and Rye. All my boxes ticked.

OOOH BOOOY

Bring back Cantillon and You'll get a blowjob from any of the bearded oveweight bloke at the local craft bar

3 Fonteinen
Cantillon
Lindemans
Bruowerji
Brussels Beer project
Duvel
St Bernardus
Tilquin

Brussels has some absolutely stunning beer. Maybe not everyones taste, but just for what they are, nobody does it better
Cantillon is a must. Like If you cant make it anywhere else Get some Cantillion bro.
The Cantillon Fou’ Foune was my favourite beer last year (fresh); bottled in August and drank on Boxing Day.

I had the Tilquin Cassis today. Mind blowingly good.

Besk Bar (here in Perth) about to get a huge allocation of 3F (incl. Zen) and Tilquin in the next week or two.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Cantillon Fou’ Foune was my favourite beer last year (fresh); bottled in August and drank on Boxing Day.

I had the Tilquin Cassis today. Mind blowingly good.

Besk Bar (here in Perth) about to get a huge allocation of 3F (incl. Zen) and Tilquin in the next week or two.
Think the Tilquin stuff has already landed and gone

The Tilquin Stout was one of my all time favourites dude. Plus the Pinot Gris.

I unfortunately drunkenly had a few of my Cantillon collection after buying my first house with the partner. I used to work for Phoenix who distribute Tilquin/Cantillon, So safe to say i have to now source them out like a regular Pleb rather then Holding boxes of Tilquin in the office (Jokes, That Cantillon caused a few fights in previous years for stores wanting more ect.)

besk bar is great, Its co-owned by the dude who owns mane Liquor.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Think the Tilquin stuff has already landed and gone

The Tilquin Stout was one of my all time favourites dude. Plus the Pinot Gris.

I unfortunately drunkenly had a few of my Cantillon collection after buying my first house with the partner. I used to work for Phoenix who distribute Tilquin/Cantillon, So safe to say i have to now source them out like a regular Pleb rather then Holding boxes of Tilquin in the office (Jokes, That Cantillon caused a few fights in previous years for stores wanting more ect.)

besk bar is great, Its co-owned by the dude who owns mane Liquor.
Second Tilquin drop coming, keep your eyes peeled.

Working for Phoenix would’ve been like Aladdin’s cave, a bit like Giorgio di Maria fun Wines.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Second Tilquin drop coming, keep your eyes peeled.

Working for Phoenix would’ve been like Aladdin’s cave, a bit like Giorgio di Maria fun Wines.
Some reason idiots didnt want to buy Pear and Apple brandy. Office had a heap. Grabbed a few at cost price. Happy days.

Barking Spider

Draftee
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Favourite beer?

victoria-bitter-25f628a7-3776-4b11-9c48-8fece121379-resize-750.jpg

Barking Spider

Draftee
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lock me up for two weeks with corona Virus and five cartons of this stuff. The alcohol content would smash the virus anyway.

IMG20200319075821.jpg

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
id hope they're a lot better than the regular pirate life ipa, they yuck
I like the throwback IPA. something about having a pint after a game of basketball, being able to drive afterwards and having something that offered a bit in taste is pretty good. Not a huge fan of their regular IPA. Mosanic is good

Anyways. Just cracked the Lupalin Daze by Daintons, * its a wonderful beer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I like the throwback IPA. something about having a pint after a game of basketball, being able to drive afterwards and having something that offered a bit in taste is pretty good. Not a huge fan of their regular IPA. Mosanic is good

Anyways. Just cracked the Lupalin Daze by Daintons, fu** its a wonderful beer
i'll keep any eye out for both of those

had a modus operandi sour ipa last night, went down pretty easy

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any Perth people fans of Otherside ?

Their new DDH is exceptional - highly recommend. Free delivery in the metro area currently as well.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Any Perth people fans of Otherside ?

Their new DDH is exceptional - highly recommend. Free delivery in the metro area currently as well.
I cant stand one of the co-owners, * AJ Maddah, brewers are cool though

Make some good beers, hazy pasito sour was good. also their christmas US IPA was amazing.

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I cant stand one of the co-owners, fu** AJ Maddah, brewers are cool though

Make some good beers, hazy pasito sour was good. also their christmas US IPA was amazing.
You just named 2 of my favourites from there.

AJ Maddah of Soundwave/Big Day Out fame?

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Just had a Hawkers Jacki west coast rye ipa, very drinkable
Havent heard, Love Rye IPA's so i have to hit that

drinking some sort of IPA by Fixation right now, its ok. can looks cooler than the beer tastes
Liked their straight IPA, their orange IPA was a bit wack

man i ******* loved soundwave back in the day, why did he have to go and fu** that up so bad
Basically he's such a campaigner that he burnt all connections he had with the industry, owes a lot of bands millions of dollars. Anything he touched the local scene burnt, He bought Billy Hyde so he owned all the equiptment, people went out of their way to go with smaller stage hire as a big * you to AJ. Couldnt guarentee deposits, blamed everyone else, Tried to cut 30% of Blink 182's fee's because Travis couldnt get to perth and back in time and wouldnt tour because of his fear of flying (This was mentioned and known before AJ booked them) Blur kept getting screwed out so they canned one year. Soundgarden and multiple bands were left out of pocket coming over. Bands wouldnt come because of his previous dealings VIA soundwave when he took over BDO, So he paid Kanye to come over, which in terms bankrupted the BDO in the long run, Basically liquidated so they could pay over 15m dollars owed to bands since 2015

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Havent heard, Love Rye IPA's so i have to hit that

Liked their straight IPA, their orange IPA was a bit wack

Basically he's such a campaigner that he burnt all connections he had with the industry, owes a lot of bands millions of dollars. Anything he touched the local scene burnt, He bought Billy Hyde so he owned all the equiptment, people went out of their way to go with smaller stage hire as a big fu** you to AJ. Couldnt guarentee deposits, blamed everyone else, Tried to cut 30% of Blink 182's fee's because Travis couldnt get to perth and back in time and wouldnt tour because of his fear of flying (This was mentioned and known before AJ booked them) Blur kept getting screwed out so they canned one year. Soundgarden and multiple bands were left out of pocket coming over. Bands wouldnt come because of his previous dealings VIA soundwave when he took over BDO, So he paid Kanye to come over, which in terms bankrupted the BDO in the long run, Basically liquidated so they could pay over 15m dollars owed to bands since 2015
Theres a great podcast on the BDO that briefly covers some of that.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Blasta-Grimster double
Not a fan, Blasta's two best beers IMO are grimster and their wheat beer. I think their double grimster just loses a bit of flavour through the middle, comes in very late

Otherside DDH Oat cream-I can see why people like this, Not a neipa fan or Lactose added to anything bar stout but pretty good and creamy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back