Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a nice James Squire Golden Ale.
Coopers pale if i'm low on cash.

Probably a nice James Squire Golden Ale.
Coopers pale if i'm low on cash.

Yep a ripper beer i also love the James Squire pilsner when I want a strong malty beer.

Can we merge this with the "Dice Man's rate a beer" thread?

Melbourne/Victorian Microbreweries showcase 28/29 Feb 4:30-8pm @ Fed Square. $25 for 20 samples (get through all & it takes a toll) + $2 deposit on a sampling glass. You want variety? Go check it out.

Try a Grand Ridge Supershine @ 11% and make sure you're sitting down...:thumbsu::D

Melbourne/Victorian Microbreweries showcase 28/29 Feb 4:30-8pm @ Fed Square. $25 for 20 samples (get through all & it takes a toll) + $2 deposit on a sampling glass. You want variety? Go check it out.

Try a Grand Ridge Supershine @ 11% and make sure you're sitting down...:thumbsu::D
It's actually a really nice beer. I've tried some nasty Polish beers well above the 10% mark that taste like absolute arse, but Supershine is very tasty. Actually, anything Grand Ridge is fantastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the size of the sample glass?

I don't mind a Crowny or a Boags St.George.

Not a huge beer drinker, but might try that Melbourne/Victorian Microbreweries showcase one at Fed Square.

Thanks for the info TWY.:thumbsu:

What is the size of the sample glass?

Not that big - think wine tasting sizes, but I reckon somwhere 2-3 samples = std. drink, and maybe somewhere between 1 & 2 for the stronger ones. So by the time you've got through your sample card you've easily knocked over a minimum of 7 std. drinks - not too shabby. And if you've never been to Beer Deluxe which may well be where you'd use your food voucher, check it out. The place has a 9-10 page beer MENU!!!, but mark-ups are high (natch!)

yeah, Knappstein's the best I've tasted. JS Golden ale also a good call. Had some Mildura Mallee Bull (finally), which wasn't bad. Reminds me I should investigate the remainder of their stable. Had a couple of Byron Bay ales on tap whilst on holiday recently - went down well.

re lagers - sort of gone Japanese of late (Kirin & Asahi)

Suggestion:

Go to the Hofbrauhaus if you live in Melbourne it has some ripper beers.

or

The James Squire Brewhouse & Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back