Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murrays 2IPA.

Not that bitter, supposed to be a 'double' IPA. It was ceratinly hoppy, but didn't have a punch in the face bitterness that I expected. Also not that boozy, at 7 and a bit percent I think you'd expect it to be more so. Still a fantastic beer though, would drink again.
Their Spartacus is the bigger of their two DIPAs. The Spartacus is fantastic.

Mate the Bridge Rd Red is one of my favourites. Used to be able to get it on tap at the Royston in Richmond - amazing. Stoked I found a place in Canberra that sells it.

Currently having a longneck of the Rogue American Amber with dinner. Got to say I'm a little bit disappointed, just tastes a bit....thin. Not the full range of flavour I was expecting from an Amber. Anyone else ever had it before?

I like Rogue beers a fair bit, though they don't seem quite as good these days as they did once upon a time.

I'm especially partial to the chipotle ale :D

You should look into Black IPAs. Pretty much a mix of a stout and an IPA. Best of both worlds.

Yeastie Boys (NZ) - Pot Kettle Black
Croucher (NZ) - Patriot
Prickly Moses (VIC) - Black Panther IBA

All reasonably easy to find, and very good examples of the style.

Had a Kooinda black IPA the other day which wasn't too bad.

Just necking a Grand Ridge YV Gold. Still a little pearler of a beer after all these years :D

Beer Lao, try that on a hot summers day with ice, nothing comes close. when i was in Lao this was considered one of the best gifts you can give a Thai national, as you cant buy it in thailand unless you're at an expat bar. i liked it so much i even got one of those tacky t-shirts

The other day I tried Swell Pale Ale. Swell are a McLaren Vale, SA based brewer. I didn't think it was much good really. It was easy enough to drink, but really lacking in the hoppiness you'd expect from an APA. I think Vale Ale holds the title for best McLaren Vale beer.

Beer Lao, try that on a hot summers day with ice, nothing comes close. when i was in Lao this was considered one of the best gifts you can give a Thai national, as you cant buy it in thailand unless you're at an expat bar. i liked it so much i even got one of those tacky t-shirts
Very common in most 7/11's and bars throughout Thailand I found.
First time I had drank beer with ice - but thumbs up from me!

These are great:
904076_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569839961965.jpg

Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier

$5-6 a bottle (for 500ml) or $80 a slab of 20.

I like to wander around Dan Murphy's a buy 2-3 of whatever looks interesting. You can find some amazing stuff.

Here's something completely different I've had a fair few of recently:
382618_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569837504991.jpg

Mad Brewers Stout Noir

Very common in most 7/11's and bars throughout Thailand I found.
First time I had drank beer with ice - but thumbs up from me!

really? the only place i found them was in an expat bar, oh well.

i actually had white wine with soda water with ice in thailand and that also went down well. according to the romans only the Barbarians drank wine straight without ice / water added.

really? the only place i found them was in an expat bar, oh well.

i actually had white wine with soda water with ice in thailand and that also went down well. according to the romans only the Barbarians drank wine straight without ice / water added.

That's called a spritzer. Pretty popular drink really.

Drinking Mad Brewers Scribbly Gum Lager. Can't say I'm overly impressed - as far as I can tell 'intriguing smoky character backed up with hints of the Aussie native bush flora' means 'tastes like BBQ chips on the backend.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drinking Mad Brewers Scribbly Gum Lager. Can't say I'm overly impressed - as far as I can tell 'intriguing smoky character backed up with hints of the Aussie native bush flora' means 'tastes like BBQ chips on the backend.'

It tastes like it has been infused with smoked salami. Unusual.

I liked it.

I love the taste of Corona and 4X. Occasionally I have a VB.

There ain't anything anyone can do to change that.

My condolences.

Although, have you considered a tongue transplant?

Since when is Corona 'cheap'?

It's not (it should be, but people keep buying it at exorbitant prices), but it is common and nasty. The other two beers he named are cheap.

Cheap isn't always a bad thing though. I'm drinking cheap 500ml imports tonight. I just finished a Brok Sambor, and now drinking a Franziskaner Weissbier Dunkel. Both are probably the equivalent of Carlton Draught in their home countries, but I'm enjoying them.

It's not (it should be, but people keep buying it at exorbitant prices), but it is common and nasty. The other two beers he named are cheap.

Cheap isn't always a bad thing though. I'm drinking cheap 500ml imports tonight. I just finished a Brok Sambor, and now drinking a Franziskaner Weissbier Dunkel. Both are probably the equivalent of Carlton Draught in their home countries, but I'm enjoying them.

Nothing wrong with Brok.

Kozel premium is also dirt cheap comparatively but is a very very nice beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back