Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
Cascade First Harvest 2011 - ridiculously over hyped Cascade themselves who market a beer based on super-fresh hops that isn't particularly hoppy, this is actually pretty good this year. :thumbsu:

The one year they did get it right, 2002 or 2003 I think it was, apparently the brewers made a 'mistake' that year, they apologised and said it wouldn't happen again.

Since then it's been mediocre at best, so clearly the brewers stayed true to their 'promise'.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Ok attempting to settle an argument of sorts here, mainly just differing taste but anyway.

I dont rate Little Creatures pale Ale very highly, saying i appreciate beers such as Fat Yak, Moo Brew , Mountain Goat or Holgate Extra Special Bitter Better.

Anyone else agree with me that the LCPA just isnt that good?

Ok attempting to settle an argument of sorts here, mainly just differing taste but anyway.

I dont rate Little Creatures pale Ale very highly, saying i appreciate beers such as Fat Yak, Moo Brew , Mountain Goat or Holgate Extra Special Bitter Better.

Anyone else agree with me that the LCPA just isnt that good?
Mountain Goat > LCPA > Moo Brew > Holgate > Fat Yak.

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
I wish Feral had the ability to not package the four packs in the top down formation.

Hop Hog is probably my favourite Australian beer. Fortunately Purvis is 100 metres away!

LCPA has been criminally underrated in some posts above. Maybe it's popularity is causing a resistance, because some of the aforementioned beers are s**t relatively speaking.

Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Didn't really think that the Feral stuff that I've had before was that great. Been to the brewery, was a bit whatever. I think there was a "double white" which was particularly...feral (is the 'IWit 2.0'). The white did give me a bad hangover once, so it just might be a subconscious lingering memory from that, or maybe just not my thing.

Drinking some Paulaner Pils, enjoying it!

Anyone tried the new 'Victoria Pale Lager'?

Got a free six pack through work. Holy mother of god, it is awful:eek:
I got a couple free stubbies as well. Refuse to touch them. Will give them away most likely.

Anyone tried the new 'Victoria Pale Lager'?

Got a free six pack through work. Holy mother of god, it is awful:eek:

Yeah not a fan.

Best bit about it is i heard that CUB had promised Woolworths exclusive rights to the product at the launch, when they found out that Coles, independents etc. had also got the product as well they pulled it from all their pubs (haven't heard about retail) ouch.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I wish Feral had the ability to not package the four packs in the top down formation.

Hop Hog is probably my favourite Australian beer. Fortunately Purvis is 100 metres away!

LCPA has been criminally underrated in some posts above. Maybe it's popularity is causing a resistance, because some of the aforementioned beers are s**t relatively speaking.

Well i said that i particularly dont like it, i dont know why just doesnt do it for me. I would prefer most of Matilda bays brews before Little Creatures, although LC bar in Fremantle is a great place to drink the stuff...

Mountain goat - i like most of them, hightail is nice, favourite beer atm but am having trouble finding it would be Holgate and the Extra special bitter, Also like Moo brews Pilsner.

Dont see how Little creatures is in the same league as these beers, havnt gotten around to trying "hop hog" yet...will though

Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Odd question, but what is a good beer that comes in a can? Doesn't have to be a carton of course.

Love getting like 4-8 different quality beers opposed to a carton of something average. Have to do it more often.

James Squire Golden Ale goes alright and you can get it in a can.

Hard to think of other 'good' beers that you can get in cans in Aus, but that depends on your definition of good. Mostly it's macro stuff (both local and imported) and stuff with widgets in them from mainly the UK (eg Boddingtons, John Smith etc).

Lots more craft stuff available in cans from the US, so look round one of the better bottleshops near you and you might be able to get something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back