Universal Love Favourite Carlton Moments/Games/Plays from Past Games 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted when he decided to leave and mourned his personal problems that followed - life is fragile a wrong step at the wrong time takes one up an elevator to bad places. Such a gentle person.

The original thread pre-dates me I think, I'd love to see a few tubes of people's fave players & games - this one is from 2007 - the late, great clinton grybas suggests "believe it folks, it's real - the blues are back"............um............

fair enough.

they kicked 15.25 to 15.8!!!

The 3 smoothest movers I have ever seen are (and I can't split them) C Yarran, A Mcleod and Silk Burgoyne and its no coincidence they were all indigenous. Yaz could have been bloody anything.
such a shame where hes ended up.
wish someone could go over there and sort things out and get him back on his feet....

people complain about our late withdrawals recently - try covering for kouta, sos & bradley all taken out of the selected team..............was there.........
So was I.

Noone thought Carlton had a chance, definitely with those withdrawals. And being right after 2000 where we lost to them 3 times easily.

Was a massive upset and win

this was one of favourite wins in recent times.

against the cats, 2 players down in last quarter and holding on to win.

I just remember Gibbs played the whole last quarter in the midfield and puking in the post game interview cause he gave everything to win.

who was the coach again? oh some guy called Bolton

Found it!!! Round 5 2011.

I'm wondering how I could have forgotten it now, it was the game where 1AW practiced his later Mark of the Year (robbed), this one was over Jacobs ... and he stuck the landing :)

Walker's mark:

Full Highlights:

Davey Ellard and Jordan Russell, the unlikeliest of heroes. And Eddie still running around in Navy Blue ...

Ellard was v good that year

Was at that game. Very special. I took particular delight at explaining to every eagle supporter within earshot that those goals we’re all down to 3 West Australians . Over and over again 😂
yarran = AMAZING

no-one comes close to him now

skinny at 2.40 leaves shitforbrains bewick clutching at air...........

Drove down to Melbourne from country Vic was an Easter long weekend if I recall all my * mates confident after their premiership all of us going to the game together.
Me slightly confident we could roll the juggernaut as we pushed them in their best ever season without a few of our stars.

Get to game Kouta,SOS,Braddles out!

I wanted to leave thinking we are no chance now.

* supporting mates even more cocky now.

Then it happened the miracle on grass we even let * have a lead and we reigned it in and beat them by kicking 6 in the last!

My * loving mates leaving with 10 mins to go meeting me out the front as I was really letting them know what was happening right in front of our eyes.

One of the greatest games I have ever witnessed live not because it was pure brilliant football but our mighty team did what many thought was the impossible.

I even own the VHS copy of the game :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourite memories was as a 13yo selling drinks and ice-creams at the G. I was there the day my boyhood hero Big Nick ran out to play his 300th game. The first in Navy Blue to do so. Against * if memory serves.
I didn't make many sales that day, I was too enthralled watching the big fella play.

(Why do I have a funny feeling Geoff Southby was being tried at CHF?)

So many to choose from but for me v Collingwood 1988 QF at MCG was the last time we played them in a final along with the obvious 95 finals series and 99 prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back