Favourite Collingwood Goals

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your top 5 favourite Collingwood goals ever. Not the best goals you have seen for skill but your favourites.

My top 5

1. De Goey 2023 Grand Final. As a kid you spent years dreaming of a Collingwood player putting us in front in the dying minutes of a Grand Final. To slam ir through from 50m on the run just made it even better. Have watched this goal countless times. ‘Here’s the De Goey moment. He unloads. BANG. You need your stars and Collingwood’s stars just went and wrenched the cup back.

2. Swany’s goal in the 3rd in the 2010 Grand Final. I knew it was over then and the party began. ‘Swans gonna kick a goal. Their home you’d think. I know there’s a long way to go but their killing them now’

3. Big Monkeys goal in the last in 90. 32 years of pain, torment and torture lifted from our shoulders.

4. Daics in the Qualyfying Final out at Waverley vs Eagles. The magic, the timing, the crowd.

5. Pendles in the 1st qtr 2010 Prelim. Geelong buckled under our pressure. It was the night Bruce sai ‘It’s like. Tsunami’

What are your top 5 favourite Collingwood goals ever. Not the best goals you have seen for skill but your favourites.

My top 5

1. De Goey 2023 Grand Final. As a kid you spent years dreaming of a Collingwood player putting us in front in the dying minutes of a Grand Final. To slam ir through from 50m on the run just made it even better. Have watched this goal countless times. ‘Here’s the De Goey moment. He unloads. BANG. You need your stars and Collingwood’s stars just went and wrenched the cup back.

2. Swany’s goal in the 3rd in the 2010 Grand Final. I knew it was over then and the party began. ‘Swans gonna kick a goal. Their home you’d think. I know there’s a long way to go but their killing them now’

3. Big Monkeys goal in the last in 90. 32 years of pain, torment and torture lifted from our shoulders.

4. Daics in the Qualyfying Final out at Waverley vs Eagles. The magic, the timing, the crowd.

5. Pendles in the 1st qtr 2010 Prelim. Geelong buckled under our pressure. It was the night Bruce sai ‘It’s like. Tsunami’
Clokes huge clunk and then slotting it in the last quarter of the 2011 prelim

My top 5

Mentioning Manassa and the bouncing goal bought up some great memories of my junior days. There were so many natural footballers back in those days. I played junior football against Brian Wilson and he would go on one of those running bounces from defence and kick a goal most games. No one could stop him, great days

1 Craig Starcevich on the run against Carlton in 1988 to put us in front.
2 Steele Sidebottom in 2023 grand final
3 Mike Richardson from the boundary line against Melbourne round 1 1983
4 Mark Williams to the small scoreboard end at vfl Park against Hawthorn 1984
5 Travis Cloke from 50 metres against Brisbane at the gabba 2007

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin Morris sinking north Melbourne in last q of 1979 preliminary final
Ross Dunne drawing 1977 gf
Peter daicos from boundary twice in 1990 grand final
Ben Johnson helicopter kick on the run against Geelong 2010 prelim
Jordy this years grand final

Honourable mentions
Any of phil carmans 11 against st kilda at Moorabbin 1975
Leon Davis drawn grand final 2010 last q genius goal
Steeles bomb 2023 to seal it
Elliot eliminating Carlton 2022

Sidebottom GF 2023
De Goey GF 2023
Elliott v Ess. 2022
Elliott v Carl 2022
Elliott v Port 2023

This. Although JDG’s goal is ahead of Sidey’s.

Jamie’s goals against Carlton and Essendon are up there because of the pain they inflicted on the opposition. So much joy in seeing him kill Carlton’s hope of making the finals in the last round of 2022.

Oh Jamie

Thank U GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Kevin Morris sinking north Melbourne in last q of 1979 preliminary final
Ross Dunne drawing 1977 gf
Peter daicos from boundary twice in 1990 grand final
Ben Johnson helicopter kick on the run against Geelong 2010 prelim
Jordy this years grand final

Honourable mentions
Any of phil carmans 11 against st kilda at Moorabbin 1975
Leon Davis drawn grand final 2010 last q genius goal
Steeles bomb 2023 to seal it
Elliot eliminating Carlton 2022
OMG, I forgot the Twiggy Dunne's goal to draw the 77 final. Probably one of favorite players of all time. I actually had a dream a few weeks before that GF, that Twiggy would take a mark and kick a goal to win us the game, how freaky is that

OMG, I forgot the Twiggy Dunne's goal to draw the 77 final. Probably one of favorite players of all time. I actually had a dream a few weeks before that GF, that Twiggy would take a mark and kick a goal to win us the game, how freaky is that
No problem calling him Twiggy Dunne then but these days there's a question mark against your integrity as a human being if you dare to comment 'negatively' on a player's appearance. Mr Spindle Legs if we rookie him will be Twiggy Dunne Mk2. It was a wonder that Twiggy survived the bash and crash of largely unregulated football back in those days. He was also one of my favourite players and his mark and look on his face in that final were memorable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back