Favourite Faith No More Songs...

creature-beast

Debutant
Mar 11, 2005
59
0
ADL
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Calgary Flames
kadaa/patton is a pretty new one. the album is called 'romances' and surprisingly enough its a colaberation between a dude called 'kadaa' and mike patton. i really havent given it much of a listening yet but its a lot softer and gentler than pretty much anything else hes done recently. a lot more singing from patton too, although there is still some yelling/random noise making.

general patton v the x-ecutioners is sort of a hip hop album, but with no real rapping (if that makes any sense). the x-ecutioners put together some beats and patton does some singing and random squeals and whatnot over the top of them.

also worth checking out is the dillinger escape plan featuring mike patton EP 'irony is a dead scene'. its pretty amazing stuff. i dont even know what else to say about that one.

the fantomas/melvins big band is definently a real cd, not a bootleg. pretty damn awesome as well.

ive only got the 'adult themes for voice' solo cd but it definently is some weird stuff. all vocals recorded on a 4 track in hotel rooms during a FNM tour back in the day. interesting stuff indeed..
 

Brittany

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2005
3,545
1
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Proteas & Parramatta Eels
Guys i went to the city today and my local shopping centre and i couldnt find a Mr Bungle Cd anywhere.. after christmas i will look again. :mad:
 

gPhonque

Premiership Player
May 24, 2001
3,751
576
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
creature-beast said:
also worth checking out is the dillinger escape plan featuring mike patton EP 'irony is a dead scene'. its pretty amazing stuff. i dont even know what else to say about that one.
Oh yes! That's my 2nd fave Patton "moment" after California....totally forgot about DEP...


"Paper.....Scissors....Rock....
Paper....Scissors.....Rock.....
.....Rock.....


....WE WILL ROCK YOU!"



I'll try to remember to hunt down that Kadaa/Patton thing too.
 

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
5,750
1,389
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
gPhonque said:
Oh yes! That's my 2nd fave Patton "moment" after California....totally forgot about DEP...


"Paper.....Scissors....Rock....
Paper....Scissors.....Rock.....
.....Rock.....


....WE WILL ROCK YOU!"



I'll try to remember to hunt down that Kadaa/Patton thing too.
"I'm the best you'll ever have!
You're the best I'll never have!"

Angel Dust & the first Bungle album for mine.
I still get creepy goosebumps listening to 'jizzlobber', and I've listened to that song literally 1000's of times.

Never really 'got' the California album.

I liked Disco Volante, but the debut was the best.

Such awesome musicianship - the samba (?) bassline in the chorus of 'Dead Goon' is my fave of all time, and so many classic samples/quotes:
"one thing I can't stand is warm beer, it makes me FCKEN PUKE!"
:p
 

gPhonque

Premiership Player
May 24, 2001
3,751
576
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
SydneyBomber said:
"I'm the best you'll ever have!
You're the best I'll never have!"

Angel Dust & the first Bungle album for mine.
I still get creepy goosebumps listening to 'jizzlobber', and I've listened to that song literally 1000's of times.

Never really 'got' the California album.

I liked Disco Volante, but the debut was the best.

Such awesome musicianship - the samba (?) bassline in the chorus of 'Dead Goon' is my fave of all time, and so many classic samples/quotes:
"one thing I can't stand is warm beer, it makes me FCKEN PUKE!"
:p
:p

If you haven't tried this, download the lyrics to California, and listen to the whole album while reading the lyrics along with it. That's when it all came together for me.

Yeah, that fretless bassline in Dead Goon is so cool....in fact, you've got me thinking about it now.....might chuck it on and learn that bassline i think! :)

And the chorus kinda bit towards the end of When Good Dogs Do Bad Things is one of the heaviest things I've ever heard i reckon....

"Mercy killing on the way
Never thought I'd hear you say
Falling to your knees and pray NOW..."


So ********ing heavy.

Man....we could go on forever. I love it how every Faith No More thread (and there's been dozens over the years here on bigfooty) always turn into Mike Patton tribute threads! :p
 

Muunky Tuunk Man

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2004
790
525
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAMFC, 36ers
pafc4life said:
Everything on The Real Thing
Everything on Angel Dust
Everything on King for a Day
Everything on Album of the Year
A few here and there on WCA and IY

Patton = God
That sums it up perfectly for me too!!!
I also like the song Absolute Zero which was on the Digging The Grave single.
 

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad