HorseHead

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2005
Timbuktoo
AFL Club
Collingwood
bRiTtAnY said:
:O what??
I was thinking you might actually go out and buy one of the cds.

If you download the music, I could possibly be charged under the new sedition laws for "encouraging piracy". You wouldn't want to see me go to jail... would you?

Brittany

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Proteas & Parramatta Eels
HorseHead said:
I was thinking you might actually go out and buy one of the cds.

If you download the music, I could possibly be charged under the new sedition laws for "encouraging piracy". You wouldn't want to see me go to jail... would you?
i will download a few of their songs, if they are good i will go buy the cd :) and no i dont wanna see you go to jail!

gPhonque

Premiership Player
May 24, 2001
Singapore
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
bRiTtAnY said:
i will download a few of their songs, if they are good i will go buy the cd :) and no i dont wanna see you go to jail!

Downloading random Mr Bungle songs will not tell you all that much about Mr Bungle.

I'm with Horsehead - just go out and buy "Mr Bungle" and "California".....and then if you really like them, maybe think about "Disco Volante"....

California is one of my favourite albums ever. It's a complete masterpiece in every sense.

Although the best way to enjoy it is to be reading the lyrics along with it. Patton is in what I think his best form on that album, and that's saying something considering I think he's hands down the best and most interesting vocalist of the past 15 years. (and possibly ever)

Brittany

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
gPhonque said:
Downloading random Mr Bungle songs will not tell you all that much about Mr Bungle.

I'm with Horsehead - just go out and buy "Mr Bungle" and "California".....and then if you really like them, maybe think about "Disco Volante"....

California is one of my favourite albums ever. It's a complete masterpiece in every sense.

Although the best way to enjoy it is to be reading the lyrics along with it. Patton is in what I think his best form on that album, and that's saying something considering I think he's hands down the best and most interesting vocalist of the past 15 years. (and possibly ever)
Alright fait enough i will have a look for them this weekend :)

gPhonque

Premiership Player
May 24, 2001
Singapore
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
bRiTtAnY said:
Alright fait enough i will have a look for them this weekend :)

Here's a bit more info for ya:

"Mr Bungle" = clown music gone mad. Funny stuff, awesome playing (as with all 3 Mr BUngle albums), bizarre lyrics, typical old-skool Patton vocals....some heavy stuff....jazzy, funky, and everything in between. It's like the "classic" Mr Bungle album. (was their first album)

"Disco Volante" = obscure weird-arse shhit. Definitely their least accessible album. You've gotta be into strange shhit to like Disco Volante. (I love it, but as I think Horsehead said, many people don't get into it so much.....although that's mainly because many Bungle fans were expecting another album like the first one)

"California" = the third (and last) album. In a sense, it's Mr Bungle hitting their peak. It's still strange in parts, but is kind of in between the "Mr Bungle" album and the "Disco Volante" album.....lots of variation in the songs, although they are still "songs".....whereas Disco Volante was just strange. California is beautiful in parts, heavy as ******** in parts, and once again, everything in between.

Just thought I'd give you a bit of an idea of what you might be in for. :)

Brittany

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
gPhonque said:
Here's a bit more info for ya:

"Mr Bungle" = clown music gone mad. Funny stuff, awesome playing (as with all 3 Mr BUngle albums), bizarre lyrics, typical old-skool Patton vocals....some heavy stuff....jazzy, funky, and everything in between. It's like the "classic" Mr Bungle album. (was their first album)

"Disco Volante" = obscure weird-arse shhit. Definitely their least accessible album. You've gotta be into strange shhit to like Disco Volante. (I love it, but as I think Horsehead said, many people don't get into it so much.....although that's mainly because many Bungle fans were expecting another album like the first one)

"California" = the third (and last) album. In a sense, it's Mr Bungle hitting their peak. It's still strange in parts, but is kind of in between the "Mr Bungle" album and the "Disco Volante" album.....lots of variation in the songs, although they are still "songs".....whereas Disco Volante was just strange. California is beautiful in parts, heavy as ******** in parts, and once again, everything in between.

Just thought I'd give you a bit of an idea of what you might be in for. :)
Thanx heaps for that ay, i really appreciate it :) i will have a look for these albums this weekend :)

Slacker

Cancelled
Aug 12, 2004
tin shack
AFL Club
Fremantle
Falling to pieces - kicks huge amounts of rear.
Honorable mentions to We Care Alot & Epic.

Cheers for the info on Mr Bungle gP:thumbsu:

HorseHead

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2005
Timbuktoo
AFL Club
Collingwood
gPhonque said:

Agreed. :thumbsu: I was pleasantly surprised by California. Great album.

Brittany

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
HorseHead said:
Agreed. :thumbsu: I was pleasantly surprised by California. Great album.
Is that the best album by them? coz i only have enough money for one album..so should i get that one?

HorseHead

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2005
Timbuktoo
AFL Club
Collingwood
bRiTtAnY said:
Is that the best album by them? coz i only have enough money for one album..so should i get that one?
Well, gPhonque thinks its the best, but I couldn't separate it from Mr Bungle - Mr. Bungle. They're both excellent albums, but quite different from each other. Toss a coin and you can't go wrong. ;)

Brittany

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
HorseHead said:
And you know that we'll be conducting a quiz to test your knowledge... :)
lol if i cant find it i will be stuffed :)

Brittany

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
HorseHead said:
Well, gPhonque thinks its the best, but I couldn't separate it from Mr Bungle - Mr. Bungle. They're both excellent albums, but quite different from each other. Toss a coin and you can't go wrong. ;)
Awk well i will get which ever one i find :)

Brittany

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
HorseHead said:
Oh, and next week we'll expect you to buy a Tomahawk album... :D
lmao great, im gonna have no money left for pressies :p

FrangaRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Cardiff City
gPhonque said:

Great album!!!!!!

Damn crazy...but great!:thumbsu:

Lajon

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2004
The DV
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
One of my all time favourite bands ... great to see there are Patton fans on big footy

Favourite FNM tracks:
Cuckoo for Caca
Gentle Art of Making Enemies
We Care A Lot
Digging the Grave
Last Cup of Sorrow
Collision
Evidence

I still remember the first time I heard King for a Day ... Fool For A Lifetime. Absolutely blew me away.

If you like Mike Patton, check out an album by Lovage called Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By. In particular, 2 songs from the album called 'Anger Management' and 'Book of the Month'. Beautiful tracks.

creature-beast

Debutant
Mar 11, 2005
ADL
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Calgary Flames
i was just listening to tomahawk when i came across this thread..

anyway fav FNM songs would have to be;

collision
falling to pieces
epic
surprise! you're dead
gentle art of making enemies
etc etc etc

could go on for a while with that list really.

anyone else here into some of pattons more recent work? fantomas, general patton v the x-ecutioners, kadaa/patton, tomahawk etc etc etc??

HorseHead

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2005
Timbuktoo
AFL Club
Collingwood
creature-beast said:
anyone else here into some of pattons more recent work? fantomas, general patton v the x-ecutioners, kadaa/patton, tomahawk etc etc etc??
I've seen Fantomas live a couple of times and that was an experience. Buzz Osborne's probably one of my favourite guitarists, so having him in the line-up along with Patton is a real bonus.

I've got a copy of the Fantomas/Melvins Big Band cd (not sure if it's an actual release or a bootleg to be honest). Worth checking out.

I've not even heard any General Patton v the X-ecutioners or Kadaa/Patton. It's something I've been meaning to get around to listening to, but never seems to happen. How would you rate it?

I have listened to a bit of Tomahawk and have definitely liked what I've heard (but have not listened extensively to their stuff at this stage). From what I have listened to, it seems reminiscent of FNM ("God Hates A Coward" for example).

Also have Patton's two "solo albums": Adult Themes for Voice and Pranzo Oltranzista. Real oddball stuff that I can honestly say I've only played a handful of times. It's not the sort of thing you can listen to repeatedly and "get into". Those particular releases make me wonder about they man's sanity. He really is a very interesting musician and a genuinely odd man.

bass_drum

Senior List
Jul 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Lajon said:
If you like Mike Patton, check out an album by Lovage called Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By. In particular, 2 songs from the album called 'Anger Management' and 'Book of the Month'. Beautiful tracks.

Damn straight. One of the best records ever released.

gPhonque

Premiership Player
May 24, 2001
Singapore
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
creature-beast said:

Ya....Fantomas and General Patton Vs the X-ecutioners.... i can't stand Tomahawk though.

Don't think I've ever even heard of Kadaa/Patton....what is that?

Back