Review Favourite Footy Park/AAMI Stadium memory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what year it was, maybe 2000 or 2001, something like that. Must’ve been a knockout semi final Sturt v Port.
The ferrals are losing and Andrew Geddes lands the best front on bump you’ll ever see on David Brown, turned him into a human sack of potatoes and he’s stuffed. Taken off the ground and I can’t remember if he came back on or not. It was a fair bump.
We had a really young group of great players that went on to make up the core of our 2002 premiership team.
Port in true ferral style start going the knuckle on our young players, dirty behind the play cheap stuff, the umps penalise them and they lose the plot while our players stand their ground and go on to beat them comfortably.
But that bump was beautiful. I have seen a gif of it but can’t find it.
Other than that, the state games of the 80’s were some of the best games of footy I’ve seen.

Would’ve been the 2000 1st Semi as Sturt didn’t make the finals in 2001 (resulting in Carman getting the chop). It was also a week after Centrals had humiliated Port by 12 goals in the Qualifying Final (and about a month earlier Centrals had smacked Port by 15 goals at Adelaide Oval, keeping them goalless until well into the 3rd quarter). So Port went into that game with a particularly large chip on their shoulder.

I remember that game feeling like an end of an era for Port as you guys destroyed them, resulting in them starting to play their trademark dirty style of play. It showed the best way to beat Port was to play football and don’t worry about the sniping. I also remember many Doggies fans who were there waiting for the 2nd Semi actively supporting Sturt in that game as well.

Listen at 5:27... does anyone know where you can find or get the audio to this crows song? I thought back in 91 it was pretty cool as an 8 year old 😂
"We're the crows we're gunna get ya, we're the Crows red, gold and blue..."

One of the most amazing games Ive been to at Footy Park was an Adelaide v WCE trial game back in 92.

It was a twilight game and I remember Eagles won by like 11 points but in the 3rd qtr Adelaide kicked like 10 goals and in the last Eagles kicked 11. Sumich got a bag.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back