Golf Favourite Golf Course's

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there goes my plans of playing golf when I go to Bali. :p
theres a group of ex-pat australians there, i think its called Raffles, and they have social games organised and its all discounted. I think you can get in touch with them and try and hook up a game with them 3-4 weeks beforehand if cost is an issue!

or you could sty at the Nirwana resort, and get discounted golf as you'd be paying guest rates.

It's been six years since I posted in this thread, but not a lot has changed. I have just become a member of Yarra Yarra, cause to celebrate :) Bit of a process, but I guess it is to get into any decent club.

Having moved to the UK and back to Melbourne in that time, I've played a few courses: some good, some unbelievable.

Hard to recollect them all but just a few points.

I had a bit of a walk around Sun City in Johannesburg whilst I was there. I didn't play the course unfortunately, but it was very pretty in Winter. Typical resort course, quite open with some big traps in play. The second course has crocs, live crocs, ******* crazy.

I was lucky enough to play at Durban Country Club. I think of all the courses I've played, this would take the cake. Treacherous, but unbelievably beautiful. Even with the limited golf I've played in the last few years, I generally feel comfortable playing a new course and playing close to my handicap of 4 or 5; I was happy to say that I shot an 82 here.

In the UK, not having my clubs with me, I didn't play as much as I would like, but I did get to play at Royal Liverpool and Wentworth (the East course though as it was a struggle to get on the West course). Liverpool is crazy if you get the wrong weather, our trip coincided with some okay weather so we survived without too much trouble but I can imagine it being more than challenging in a squall. Whilst I played Ealing quite regularly, it was an okay course but Wentworth was something special. Next time I'm in London, I'll have to do my best to get into the West course.

Finally Melbourne, I haven't played enough quality courses in Melbourne. There are so many and I've been stuck on the goat track of Box Hill for too long. In the past year I've played St Andrews Beach, Woodlands and The Metropolitan. I really enjoyed Woodlands, I think it's a great course equal to any others in the sand belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're happy to go about 20km, I highly recommend Brighton and also Sandringham (which is directly across the street from Royal Melbourne on one side and Victoria GC on the other).
Brighton is pretty easy. Havn't played Sandringham though.

Just looking at the website that looks nice. How difficult is it compared to say Malvern Valley?

Not overly long, but it's defence is its undulations. Reasonably open. Distance control into the greens is the key.

What about Albert Park, I've never played it myself but I hear it's decent when it good nick..

Might have trouble getting on at this time of year with the GP on.

What about Albert Park, I've never played it myself but I hear it's decent when it good nick..
I've played there a couple of times, beautiful course

Nirwana in Bali is a beautiful course. Loved it and everything that goes with it. Bali beach is a nice course too but nothing like nirwana. I'd recommend golf in Bali in general.

Which is the better course at heritage?

Heading to melb in mid April - looking at playing at heritage for sure. Then maby Kingston links?? And finally Albert park on a Sunday before a footy game.

Thoughts??

I'm a member at Neangar park in bendigo. Best in bendigo by far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back