Favourite Guilty Pleasure Song

Okay guys, time for some fun with this one.

We all have those tracks that we know are just plain wrong but nevertheless we just love them. You sing them when no one else is watching and they just make you feel good...or sad...or whatever....it doesn't matter!

So be aware, TL15 has a lot of these tracks that over the years have amassed and I plan to roll them out over the next week.

I am going to start with an all time favourite. This man was most known for his track Bad Habits, it was his follow up song that I really do love!!

Always did the rounds at Gaslight (the king of record stores), Batman, and Missing Link.

Would never have asked for this....

Joined one of those 6 albums for $6 back page record things......and kept the bugger!!

Great choice, I have to say Save a Prayer and Ordinary World are two of my favourites.

Not a guilty pleasure song per se, but a guilty pleasure band, which just doesn't fit with my music needs.
Some find them easy to dismiss on the back of some lame singles but at their heart they're as potent as any band going around.
................and you cannot listen to tracks like this with some lame headphones/earplugs.
To appreciate the drums and bass here, one has to scale up and then you'll find it to be amazing and no Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rush....can get close.

I reckon Muse are a great band, have always been a favourite of mine. So many good tracks but for me Undisclosed Desires and Time is Running Out are stand outs.

Funny, coz that song relates to my guilty pleasure playlist from the early 80's through these two songs ...

Firstly Super Freak, who Hammer sampled ...

And also Der Kommissar, whose chorus I reckon Rick James ripped off for Super Freak.

Pretty sure Rick James had some pretty serious issues with the bottle and may have gone to jail?

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty sure Rick James had some pretty serious issues with the bottle and may have gone to jail?

Had issues with crack. Did go to jail.

Just opened my guilty pleasure early 80's playlist. Love those songs. Africa, Bette Davis Eyes, Centrefold right at the top due to alphabetisation. Haha. Memories come rushing back the music is so distinct to its era.

Back