Favourite history documentaries and YouTube shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Love a good documentary. But currently watching thèse extra history you tube cartoons. They are hilarious. They do all the usual 21st century wars but some of the best are on thé older wars like the Punic wars, the crusades, the great northern war. They are just so ridiculous.

what are your favourite random history shows and documentaries?

Love a good documentary. But currently watching thèse extra history you tube cartoons. They are hilarious. They do all the usual 21st century wars but some of the best are on thé older wars like the Punic wars, the crusades, the great northern war. They are just so ridiculous.

Reminds me a lot of the OVERSIMPLIFIED Channel.
Good find!

50 years since Bloody Sunday - I found a six-part BBC series called "Spotlight on the Troubles"

ep1:

I found it to be pretty good - there are plenty of interviews with first hand witnesses, and it basically moves forward chronologically explaining key events. I didn't find it too biased either way (some have accused it of triumphalism for being too 'okay' with the current status quo, but on the other hand it does suggest some pretty serious illegal activity on the part of the British government and intelligence) - it would be difficult not to be.

What a waste.

I think I saw some cartoon video of Ned Kelly story and it was s**t.
Will not click on any of this type again and really poorly done with holes in them everywhere.

I think I saw some cartoon video of Ned Kelly story and it was s**t.
Will not click on any of this type again and really poorly done with holes in them everywhere.
I learned far more about ned kelly in those vids then i ever did from all the ned kelly stuff we learned at school nor the ned kelly movies.

and they were funny as well.

the comments section in the ned kelly vids suggest you are alone in your views. The foreigners who never heard about him before thought he was awesome after watching them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I learned far more about ned kelly in those vids then i ever did from all the ned kelly stuff we learned at school nor the ned kelly movies.

and they were funny as well.

the comments section in the ned kelly vids suggest you are alone in your views. The foreigners who never heard about him before thought he was awesome after watching them.
Each to their own.
If you leant more than knowing nothing and makes you happy, good for you.
I thought it was garbage.
If I watch a doco on history like it to be by those that actually have more than a vague clue.

Enjoyed one last weekend on SBS.
You find some half decent ones on there.

I enjoy watching the Simon Whistler channels

Biographic, Warographic, Megaprojects, Sideprojects, Into the Shadows, The casual criminalist and Into the unknown.

The way he presents makes the subject interesting.

I find that he is fairly even handed politically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back