Favourite Jars moments

Remove this Banner Ad

ant

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2000
O.T.H. near Sophia's Bush
AFL Club
Adelaide
Amidst the sadness of Jars' retirement, I thought we could all reminisce a little about our favourite moment from a great man. There were so many of course but which ones stand out for you??

Personally, I'll always remember his mark at the 'G' in the '97 prelim., sandwiched between 2 defenders, he soared and took a speccy (We'll ignore the fact he missed the goal)

Other wonderful moments for me were;

* his last goal in the '97 GF, the ball fell his way and without looking he swivelled on his left foot and snapped, the ball sailed through the big sticks and our first premiership was sealed.

* a goal at Waverley against the Saints in '99, he gathered the ball with his back to goal, swung around onto his left foot, borked, danced around the defender, and waltzed into goal for an absolute beauty.

These are just a few off the top of my head.

TODAY WAS THE GREATEST.

HIM RETIRING, he is a has been and should have left two years ago. Can't stand the guy, like Wayne Carey, if you don't support them, you don't like them.

rewind ... Jars is a has been????? More that you're a never were and never will be. I'm tipping you're a St Kilda moron still fuming at the lazy six he kicked in 97.

My fave Jars moment is the goal he scored against Richmond at Footy Park ... lying on his back from 15 metres out in the middle of a pack.

How bout Jars goal against collingwood in 2000?? when he dummied like 4 players and then straight through the middle.

His best GF goal was against st kilda, 35 metres out around the body, 4th qtr, and then bruce goes "That Will Do!"

His goal against carlton in rd 19 was also somethin to remember, ive never heard footy park that loud before

We love you Jarman :(

Originally posted by rewind
TODAY WAS THE GREATEST.

HIM RETIRING, he is a has been and should have left two years ago. Can't stand the guy, like Wayne Carey, if you don't support them, you don't like them.

:rolleyes:

In 1994 we played WCE at Waverley. They were on top of the ladder at the time and we were without Jason Dunstall who was injured. Jarman decided he would just do everything himself. He played in the centre and proceded to put on an absolute clinic, it was one of the most dominant displays i've seen.

In 1992 we played a game against Fitzroy in Hobart and he kicked 7 (or was it 6?) goals whilst playing in the centre, another brilliant performance.

Of course there was his magical goal at Waverley against the Kangaroos where he made every single player look sub-standard....

His last season with us was one of the best i can remember from a single player. He was nothing short of sensational and he only missed out on the brownlow by 2 or 3 votes (he couldn't have won anyone because he was suspended in Round 1 for whacking Ross Lyon)

I was shattered when he left us but i loved the bloke to much to stay mad. He was a champion and i'm glad that he delighted you guys as much as he did us.

We'll miss ya Jars. :(

State of Origin 1993 lazy half dozen

SA 16 13
Vic 14 13

Jarman was sensational Kickin the Vics with 6 beautys !!

:D including a 40 metre soccer goal down the middle
:D the superlative checkside 40 out on the boundary,wet ball, curled in back.....just pure class:eek:

Not to mention the other four
Shouldve won the M Blight medal (Braddles got it I think taht night

Re: State of Origin 1993 lazy half dozen

Originally posted by topjars
SA 16 13
Vic 14 13

Jarman was sensational Kickin the Vics with 6 beautys !!

:D including a 40 metre soccer goal down the middle
:D the superlative checkside 40 out on the boundary,wet ball, curled in back.....just pure class:eek:

Not to mention the other four
Shouldve won the M Blight medal (Braddles got it I think taht night

You mean the Fos Williams medal

I agree - that was an amazing game

The goal from the boundary was one of his best ever.

harvey kicked it out on the full and Jars bent it back through the wind and the rain.

Super stuff.

Re: Re: State of Origin 1993 lazy half dozen

Originally posted by Boof458

harvey kicked it out on the full and Jars bent it back through the wind and the rain.

Super stuff.

Was that from the 97 S.O.O at Footy park, when we lost??

Ahh yes, I remember that State of Origin game, Jars was simply brilliant that day, the first of many wonderful performances he had at the MCG in big games.

Another great match I recall from Jars was in 1997 at Footy Park against Richmond.

7 goals, including 2 specials, number 1, a beautiful one handed pick-up on the right forward flank and swinging right foot kick, straight through the uprights, number 2, up the other end, he swooped on the footy tight in the right forward pocket and as quick as you like, placed the ball on the boot for a magical checkside goal. Magnificent. I think I still have that one on tape.

I'm really gonna miss the champ......

Another of his gems was this year against melbourne at the mcg

35 metres out and on his left split the middle in traffic

Then he raised his hands in the air

Jars you were the King! :(

Originally posted by ant

Another great match I recall from Jars was in 1997 at Footy Park against Richmond.

That 137 pt thrashing we handed out to those hacks only felt like yesterday :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back