Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Aside from seeing Fitzroy beat Richmond prior to the merger, which from memory wasn't much anyways, any of those wins were special in the mid to late 80's in primary school as so many kids barracked for them at my school in Bayside. I don't recall any families supporting anyone other than them, St Kilda or Collingwood in my area back then and only one other kid supported Fitzroy in my whole school. Those wins were even more sweet because I couldn't stand the likes of Dale Weightman, Mark Lee, Roach, Jimmy Jess and the Pickering brothers who seem to spring to mind.

As for the Brisbane Lions, I think I've only seen the Lions beat Richmond twice live twice; the first in round 15, 2002 at Docklands when we belted them by 10+ goals when we were at our peak. From memory, Lynch kicked 7 or 8 and was unstopable. The second one was our last one back in 2009 (another season when we were strong) in our only win against them at the MCG which I went down for. IIRC, scores were almost even at 3 quarter and we ran away with it in the last with Brown and Bradshaw each kicking 4 I think.

My favourite win, outside of seeing us win live, was the Preliminary Final win in 2001 when we absolutely pumped them:

Sadly, we've lost our last 14 against them (our worst record against any club) and I think it is like one win, one draw (2007) and 18 losses since 2004 when we went five in a row between 01-04.

Time to reverse the curse against that lot.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
He was built like a grandstand wasn’t he, but he could move.

I was at that game at Princess Park when I thought he killed Graeme Wright of Collingwood in probably the most brutal tackle I’ve seen on a footy field.

I think I heard / read somewhere years later that John thought he’d killed him too.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
I was at that game at Princess Park when I thought he killed Graeme Wright of Collingwood in probably the most brutal tackle I’ve seen on a footy field.

I think I heard / read somewhere years later that John thought he’d killed him too.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Even though we lost both I'm gonna say last year, Round 23 and Finals.

Round 23 was amazing to be part of that massive occasion, 76K crowd, biggest crowd for a Vic vs Interstate team in a H&A game, shows just how far we've come in a short space, Final was great because it was the first time in over a decade I'd gotten to watch my team play finals.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Round 23 was amazing to be part of that massive occasion, 76K crowd, biggest crowd for a Vic vs Interstate non-Victorian team in a H&A game, shows just how far we've come in a short space, Final was great because it was the first time in over a decade I'd gotten to watch my team play finals.
EFA

Back