Favourite Modern Season?

Favourite Recent Season?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 home and away season was great. Lots of surprising results, close games and the final 8 wasn't settled until the last round. Unfortunately, the finals, were a bit of a let down, except Port vs. WC. What a ripper that game was! Hope 2018 is similar to last season (with a more clisely contested finals series).
Agree with the above too. Enjoyed last year’s home and away as much as any I can remember.

Finals series in blu ray??

Actually, might be grand final (by itself) and then final series (with grand final also included) on DVD PLUS Bluray of the GF and then the Richmond season collection (I think all DVDs?). :p

Actually, might be grand final (by itself) and then final series (with grand final also included) on DVD PLUS Bluray of the GF and then the Richmond season collection (I think all DVDs?). :p
Yes I think that’s the case, ridiculous in 2017 we are still subjected to dvd. Still watching your team win a flag in dvd better than watching them lose in blu ray:)

Yeah those years of flooding and scores of 65-67 were thrilling....

That didn't happen in all games and just because a team scores 100 doesn't make it good to watch. Regular games now all goals are zone breaks where some casually strolls into an open goal. That's the most boring s**t ever

From a neutral 2013 was very good. Freo really stepped up and shocked many beating us at home. The dons missing out due to the scandal, the blues getting in after that come back at Port in the last qtr, then beat Richmond. Port knocking off the Pies in week 1. Port had a god season and made the 8 For first time since 2007. Hawks breaking through and played a good game vs us in the prelim.

last 9 home and away games of 2014 were pretty fantastic as a tiger fan. the flights of fancy fueled mathematical calculations which changed to scared optimism, to hope, to desperation to utter joy in sydney in rd 23. that was utterly sensational being on that 9 week ride. the 2017 finals series felt like 3/4's of the way thru eacj game that we were probably going to win. the flag was amazing, but 2014 was an amazing ride

In accordance with the terms and conditions of the thread, 2017 (not because we won the flag but because all the other teams didn't).

A most enjoyable season and off season, and if thats too tough to digest then stiff
:)

2011 was an amazing season, we actually went 18-4 yet we were a few rungs below the cats that year. Remarkable really. It was the pre curser to our sustained run at the top. Only lost to 3 teams all year. The 2011 prelim ranks with the 2009 grand final as a modern day classic. Pulsating from start to finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2011 was an amazing season, we actually went 18-4 yet we were a few rungs below the cats that year. Remarkable really. It was the pre curser to our sustained run at the top. Only lost to 3 teams all year. The 2011 prelim ranks with the 2009 grand final as a modern day classic. Pulsating from start to finish.
God damn that prelim, still hurts a little.

2009 was a pretty fun year. St.Kilda and Geelong were both terrific teams and there was real genuine build up for the matches between the two even for the neutrals. In general 2009 - 2011 were some of the more interesting years of footy.

I think if you're not going to be in the grand final yourself - its great if the battle is between 2 sides that have been in intense competition throughout the year and stand above their peers. We haven't had that for quite a few years. The last few years there hasn't been a dominant side and during the Hawks era their opposition wasn't the best (although to be fair Sydney was a very good team even though they put in a really poor GF).

2008 was the year I turned 18, got my license, was my first full year out of school AND the Hawks won the flag. Still get nostalgic about it. I also found the almanac from that season sitting in a discount store for $4 back in 2012. Reading about each game brings back memories of where my mates and I were drinking together and which games we were watching/listening to at the time. Plus, it's the year Buddy kicked 100 and absolutely destroyed the rest of the competition.
Answer is 2008.
But 2016 finals was the best September.

September 2013.

The best month of my life.

First time having finals in Melbourne, that final in Geelong, attending the Grand Final. It was unreal. Permanent twilight in the air it seemed. Met girls, still have the stories to prove it... listened to two great albums.

The best time of my life.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously wanting to avoid ''Season A because my team won the premiership", try and vote for a different one (Sorry Hawks and Cats fans :D)
I liked the 2013 season best of all because not only did Hawthorn dominate and win the flag, but the Essendon Doping Scandal provided unbelievable voyeuristic entertainment. The biggest scandal in the history of the game with a constant stream of shocking lurid revelations in the daily papers and on the 6 o'clock news.

From the Monday to Friday, every week of the season, there were new twists and turns in the story. It was like a movie. Watching that club implode and their supporters go into meltdown and try to deny the awful truth was one of the highlights of a lifetime as a footy fan. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of campaigners.

The fact that Hawthorn rolled along like a machine and won every weekend just made it a perfect season

You literally could not script a more perfect season.

I still can't believe it. :D:D:D:D

Probably 2011 for me. The domination of Geelong and Collingwood was entertaining.
Think 2011 was of an incredibly high standard with Geelong and Collingwood. 20 wins and 19 wins respectively, with the third place team (Hawthorn) coming in at 18 wins - normally that gets you top two. Yet Collingwood and Geelong were a fair distance better than Hawthorn most of the season - I think Hawthorn had closed the gap significantly on Coll by Prelim final.

2007 for me. As a Hawthorn fan, we knew we weren't quite there, but we knew something big was brewing.

I liked the 2013 season best of all because not only did Hawthorn dominate and win the flag, but the Essendon Doping Scandal provided unbelievable voyeuristic entertainment. The biggest scandal in the history of the game with a constant stream of shocking lurid revelations in the daily papers and on the 6 o'clock news.

From the Monday to Friday, every week of the season, there were new twists and turns in the story. It was like a movie. Watching that club implode and their supporters go into meltdown and try to deny the awful truth was one of the highlights of a lifetime as a footy fan. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of campaigners.

The fact that Hawthorn rolled along like a machine and won every weekend just made it a perfect season

You literally could not script a more perfect season.

I still can't believe it. :D:D:D:D
I've posted elsewhere that 2007 was my favourite season, but yeah, as a Hawthorn fan 2013 doesn't get any better - comfortably better than everyone else, and watching our most hated rival implode was sensational. I always say it was a double threepeat - 3 flags for us, and 3 years of utter misery for those bastards.

Back