Oppo Camp Favourite Non-Richmond Players?

Remove this Banner Ad

First time making a thread, looking for something to help pass the time while stuck in the hospital.

Thought it might interesting to see who some other supporters enjoyed watching when the Tiges aren't playing.

My top five is;
Dangerfield
Birchall
Parker
Duncan
Rockliff

Oh and Gary, but he's so good he'd need his own list on why I love him and everything he does.

Love Danger, he's an excitement machine. I had to sit down and let it sink in when we made it public that we would be going for him.
He just does everything you'd want from a midfielder. Overall I really enjoy watching goal kicking mids like him and Lids.

Second up is Birchall, just loves the way he goes about it. Can be the slingshot out of defence and can play more lock down roles just as effectively. Probably made to look better by the quality of players around him but geez I'd love him at the Tiges and that's what's getting me so excited about Menadue, from the small sample space I've seen he draws a few comparisons and would like to see him given a shot early on the back flank with Houli.

Luke Parker and Mitch Duncan fall under the same category, both are gonna be future gun mids.
Both tackle hard, both kick goals and are great to watch even though watching Duncan play means I might have to catch a glimpse of bloody Duckwood.

I know Rocky personally and it was great to see him be recognised as one of the premier mids in the comp, even if his team was getting pumped most weeks. He's just a great bloke too, tells it how it is and is very active with his fans over Twitter.

So, who do you guys like that aren't in the mighty yellow and black?

I have a few but one I rate extremely high and I doubt he will ever come to us, but in my mind would be a great option for the team in a year or two is Jimmy Bartel.
Wasn't really aimed at who do you want to see at the Tiges, but I do love me some Jimmy. Think he'll start to slip a bit in the coming years.

Ive always been a fan of Hodge. The way he conducts himself on and off the field is really good. He seems confident but not arrogant.
Everyone loves to watch Ablet. Im to young to remember his old man so watching him is amazing.
Ive always hated Collingwood but the last year or so Ive become a fan of Pendulbury. Just the way he moves is amazing to watch. He has so much time.

Nick Riewoldt for me, he's aged 32 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and still works up and down the ground better than any other FF or CHF, his work effort is still one of the highest in the AFL to date, which is probably why Saint Kilda offered him a 2 year deal instead of a 1 year deal that most players his age get. (And other aspects help too)

I really respect the hard working guys from the bottom clubs like Nick Riewoldt, Nate Jones, Dale Morris, Leigh Montagna etc.

Wingard, fyfe, Hanley, Watson are a few others

Nick Riewoldt for me, he's aged 32 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and still works up and down the ground better than any other FF or CHF, his work effort is still one of the highest in the AFL to date, which is probably why Saint Kilda offered him a 2 year deal instead of a 1 year deal that most players his age get. (And other aspects help too)
Yup - only other FF or CHF to ever work harder than Nick was someone called Matthew Richardson. :D

Yep Lenny Hayes for sure but as for current players...

Birchall
Jack Steven
David Swallow
Dangerfield
Dane Swan

After reading other posts I'll add Hodge and Parker too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've also really enjoyed the progression of Ollie Wines.
Except for that time I traveled 950ks to watch him destroy my hopes and dreams.

Buddy-Entertainment value right up there with Richo.Comp needs more of.
Ablett Jr-How can you not enjoy watching the little master do his stuff.
Hodge-Leader of men.
Swan-Best out of himself.Respect.

Past
Jonathon Brown-Brute of a man.
Shane Crawford-Good guys do come 1st.
Tony Lockett-If you needed a goal after the siren from the Boundry.

Ablett jr have gone to games just to watch this bloke play absolute champion

Dane swan respect the way he gets the most out of him self also like the fact he isn't a generic football robot

Buddy things this guy can do not many other then Ablett can do can turn a game in 5minutes

All time
Ben cousins one of my faves of all time

Akermanis this guy was an absolute freak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back