Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2003
Reebok Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bolton,Clippers,Falcons,Mariners
My favourite is ESPN's WSOP every Tuesday night. They have a variety of games, it goes for 2 hours and the players have great personalities. Commentators are great too.

Just behind it is Poker Millions on Fox Sports 2 (late Tues nights). A UK based show, the players are professional and the commentary is excellent. Very similar to Late Night Poker which was shown on SBS two years ago.

WPT on Friday nights is watchable but is a little cliched whilst Celeberity Poker (Fox 8 Thurs nights) and Joker Poker (Ch 10) are both very poor.

Daytripper said:
My favourite is ESPN's WSOP every Tuesday night. They have a variety of games, it goes for 2 hours and the players have great personalities. Commentators are great too.

Just behind it is Poker Millions on Fox Sports 2 (late Tues nights). A UK based show, the players are professional and the commentary is excellent. Very similar to Late Night Poker which was shown on SBS two years ago.

WPT on Friday nights is watchable but is a little cliched whilst Celeberity Poker (Fox 8 Thurs nights) and Joker Poker (Ch 10) are both very poor.

Yeah I also have the joy of foxtel, i absolutely love the WSOP on tuesdays, finally the Main Event is beginning, other than that I don't mind watching WPT on Friday Nights after work, but rarely watch it all, I watch Poker Millions occasionally not a big fan, the commentary is terrible IMO, havn't seen Celebrity Poker yet, but Joker Poker is worst then watching paint dry.

did you watch Tilt? I reckon that was pretty good, did anyone catch the poker hand played last night on ESPN.
Jennifer Harman was against some random, she had QQ, other dude had 8d 9d, flop comes 10, jd, qc/s/h, thus giving Harman a set, the other dude straight to the Queen, they both paid to see the Turn.
10d i think, anyway it gave Harman a Full House, and the other dude still had his straight, but now had a straight flush draw.
however as a flush wouldn't help him, he needed the 7 of diamonds to win.
The river hit 7d, and Harman's chip stack was crippled. This was the early hands of the main event and this really stuffed her up, she eventally got knocked out, this type of hand would really kill you. Never seen a hand of poker so freaky in my life.

I haven't had cable for a while now (but will be getting it within the next week or so), so the only poker show I've really caught worth mentioning is the WPT. I used to get someone to tape it for me on FOXTEL after I stopped getting cable, and of course season one was recently on Ten so I got to see that again.

Joker Poker on Ten is ridiculous, and is a waste of air time. A friend of mine told me that the UK Poker on FOXTEL was crap, though he said he enjoyed 'Tilt', while the general consensus on poker message boards seems to be that Tilt is crap, also.

But yeah, I can't wait to get cable to check them all out. Since I lost cable, poker shows have popped up everywhere. I only used to be able to watch the WPT.

I usually started off watching Celebrity Pokers on Fox 8 then channel 10(crap) then some on fox sports on that blue table I think and now ESPN just takes over!

Did anyone catch Phil Helmuth tonight. He is gold.

How unlucky was Daniel Negraneu ????

sante said:
He was hilarious. Saying that bloke couldn't even spell 'Poker' but could still beat him :D

It was an even better performance than the one he put in last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back