Favourite Punting Stories...

Remove this Banner Ad

they have co mingled pools and that was my thought process in putting that bet on . Their first 4 pools are the biggest by miles as apart from any other tote pools
I don’t think they comingle pools anymore but they were great days for F4 players

Only been punting for 2 years but had a 1 in a million bet land in the AFLW this year, Carlton vs Collingwood.
had $50 on Jordyn Allen to kick the 1st goal at 50-1. (Knew she was playing at FF and 365 didn’t realise). Ball gets bounced at the start of the game, Collingwood ruck taps it to the mid, long kick i50 to Allen who marks too far out to score, just before she plays on Carlton player runs through the mark and 50M paid. All happened in the first 5 seconds of the game. Started carrying on like a maniac.

Had another instance where I was in the local TAB & some funny campaigner starts talking to me telling me he’s got a red hot tip for the next race in QLD. Looked at the odds it was 40-1 so I thought * it I’ll throw 10 on it for a laugh. Horse basically ran dead last and before the race finished the bloke had left the TAB in disgust shouting & screaming down the street

The day I went to the track and some how didn’t do my balls.. could afford an Uber and kebab on the way home.. happend once

Other than that Caulfield Guineas 2008. Whobe!! Who a horse. Was just one of those strange days where absolutely everything I backed got up.
Some drunk dude in the ring told me to back the Astronomer in Syd got up at like 10-1

TLDR; walked in with like $500 walked out with 17k.. will never ever happen again, but that was a day.. pockets filled with $100 bills. I remember going home to stash and hide it from mum before going back out because I was super paranoid I was going to drop/loose it all.

Say 15 years ago, had a wedding for about 3.00. All good, suit dry cleaned, kids looked after Mrs windyhill going to get the hair done about 11.00. A mate rings, “ what are you up to ? “ Got a wedding mate, I’m no good for you. “ nah, I’ll come and get you, we’ll have a few beers, couple of bets and then I’ll drop you back home”
Does not take much to twist my arm. Few beers, few bets. No good, time to go to get ready for the wedding, had the last throw at the stumps,trifecta, Doomben, just got nutted on the line. No worries, used to that. Off home, walk in, quick shower get ready for wedding. Out of habit flick Fox on (sky channel)PROTEST Doomben, think nothing of it, have shower, hop in suit, UPHELD !, *, where’s the ticket !?!
Hop back in car, racking the brain, where the * did i throw that bastard, missus asking “ where the * are you going” On a mission, walk back in to the tab, in suit, straight to the table I was sitting at, sweat pouring, no sign, ( it was the Wheelers Hill hotel) The lady kept a clean tote, so I went to the nearest bin and started the unfolding ritual, took about 30-40 mins, found the bastard,it paid 1800 and I had 50% of that.
Get home, mrs windyhill far from impressed, a few hundred calmed her down. Only because I flicked the t.v on as I headed for the shower.

One that comes to mind is a few years back the NBA all star weekend and Dirk Nowitzki was in the 3 point contest.

There was a BYOB on SB that had any player to shoot an air ball. It was paying $35 which I thought was waaaaaaay overs. Chucked a cheeky $20 on it (which in hindsight I should have done more).

Dirk comes in with his high arcing shooting and it's his 3rd or 4th attempt and bam AIR BALL!! Brought the biggest smile to my face. I had mad respect for Dirk and his career but after that shot it made me love him even more hahah.

I have two.
A group of about 8 lads went on a boys trip to Caulfield Cup in 2015 with the winnings of our Punters club.
We all put in $50 then we backed 4 runners in a trifecta in each race. Well we ended up nailing the Tri in the first 6 six races and it was good times for all. A big night ensued and we ended up in the Crown. We are on a dancefloor upstairs shaking some moves. One lad, Tim, disappeared for an hour or so. we all thought he'd gone to a strip club. Anyway he rocked up out of no where and started dropping gaming chips in our pockets. I woke up the next morning and found 12 x $100 chips! And all the lads found similar! Tim , it turned out had won $20K on a blackjack table.

The second story was Melbourne Cup last year at a dodgy pub with a few of the same mates. One fella put a $50 on early and it got up. He proceded to Kelly punt all in and won another 4 races, before he decided that's it, and took off. He showed me later he won a tad over $11k and decided to put his kid in a Private school for the next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back