Favourite Qclash

Remove this Banner Ad

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So it would have been the Qclash this weekend. What's your favourite Qclash.

Probably cause it's the only one I have attended but round 4 2016 for me. Giving it to Steven May for his thug act.

Round 4, 2016 was a pretty special win. It was highly emotional when Martin went down, and most had written us off. We had three bad losses in a row whereas the Suns were undefeated and looking very strong. Definitely the best Q-Clash in my mind, although winning tickets to the premiership suite last year and watching the Suns get belted while scoffing my face was pretty great!

Interestingly for me, I've never been to a Lions v Gold Coast game or a Lions v GWS game for that matter.

Hard to go past this game as it was quite an even contest blighted by our inaccuracy, however, most impressive was our response immediately after Stefan Martin getting poleaxed:

However, as for favourites, I am going to go with our biggest ever win when we walloped them by 91 points last year and CC was on fire. Sure they were inexperienced, but screw them and their never ending handouts as the AFL's lap dog, any Suns flogging is a good day IMO:

Unfortunately, the most poignant game was the first ever game which couldn't have been more fixed if the AFL tried. Up there with the farcical umpiring that Fitzroy endured when it lost to Adelaide in the most suspect circumstances you'd ever come across. In fact, I am not sure how anyone could say that they weren't fixed such was the bias:

For me it's round 1 2017. First game of the new Fagan era, and that first quarter was the start of the healing from 2016. While it turned out to be a relatively dull finish and a scrappy match after quarter time, that first quarter is so vivid after the hell that was 2016.

For me it's round 1 2017. First game of the new Fagan era, and that first quarter was the start of the healing from 2016. While it turned out to be a relatively dull finish and a scrappy match after quarter time, that first quarter is so vivid after the hell that was 2016.

That was pretty incredible. A close second to R4 2016 for mine.

That is my favourite too. I came up for that game and it is the only time I've seen a Q Clash live.

Unfortunately, the most poignant game was the first ever game which couldn't have been more fixed if the AFL tried. Up there with the farcical umpiring that Fitzroy endured when it lost to Adelaide in the most suspect circumstances you'd ever come across. In fact, I am not sure how anyone could say that they weren't fixed such was the bias:

I remember it well.

I never ever believed that umpires in an AFL match could be under instruction from above.......until that match.

Absolutely rigged

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back