Favourite Rolling Stones song?

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Sway. Mick Taylor's outro solo is the greatest guitar part I've ever heard and gives me goosebumps every time. When the strings kick in right at the end...ah, man, beautiful.

Sticky Fingers for me is the best Stones album, just in front of Exile. The final track, Moonlight Mile might just be the most criminally unknown song in the Stones' catalogue.
Couldn't agree more on "Moonlight Mile". To me it's their greatest studio performance. And Keith doesn't even play on it! And "Sway" isn't far behind it...and Keith is missing on that one too (if you don't count the backing vocals).

Too hard to pick one (it's hard enough to pick a favourite Stones album, let alone favourite Stones song), so here's a barely thought out ten:

1. Moonlight Mile
2. Winter (how ****ing great is this song!?)
3. Sway
4. Midnight Rambler (any live version with MT or the studio version)
5. We Love You (Brian Jones' magnificent mellotron outro is both menacing and glorious)
6. Let It Loose
7. Time Waits For No One (Mick Taylor's playing on this alone is worth getting the album for)
8. Under My Thumb (the best groove of any Stones song)
9. Dead Flowers (the Stones best take on country)
10. Jigsaw Puzzle (this one has taken years to really grow on me...the combination of Keith's guitar and Brian's mellotron is superb)

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
lot of stones early stuff was awesome,emotional rescue/ im so hot was great and when they came out with tattoo you (start me up) it was like a veteran who was on the way out came out and kicked 9 goals in a grand final, unfortunately it has been mostly rubbish since then and some are cringe worthy (harlem shuffle) ugh but they will still be the second best group of all time behind the beatles.

Trek

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Paint it Black and Sympathy for the Devil. Definitely prefer the cover versions by The Tea Party and Motörhead though.

Paint it Black- bursting with unbridled energy
Can't You Hear Me Knocking? - great soundscape
Time Waits For Noone - ebbs and flows with waves of melody
Under My Thumb - terrific groove
Too Many More To Name - hasn't been recorded yet but I'm sure it will be good

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Jumping Jack Flash

Back