Discussion Favourite Saints memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

My little collection is of some t-shirts me and my mates got printed up years ago when the Saints still played at Moorabbin. One is a picture of Harvey in action signed by him . The only condition to him signing them was we had to give one to his mom .
We have another tshirt with Winmar in action , unfortunately not signed .
The third one we did was our favourite side at the time for various reasons . We called it our Dream team .
See how many players you remember.

FB - M Bromberg , M Gamble , G Fidler
HB - E Misso , D Booth , P Morwood
C - G Dax , D McNichol , A Jobling
HF - D Discher , M Faletic , P Temay
FF - M Jackson , Malcolm Scott , S ODonnell
R - J Frehing , S Meehan , R Muir

Me and my mates were listed as the interchange players . Just out of interest we had the players who were actually playing at the time crossed out but this was the team .

FB - R Jeffrey , D Frawley , K Taylor
HB - D Grant , R Morris , D Rice
C - J Daniels , ? , F Coghlan
HF - C Davenport , S Loewe , N Winmar
FF - J Krakouer , A Lockett , M Dyer
R - P Harding , B Bowey , R Harvey

We still had D McNichol in the center for both sides for some reason lol.
The second side was pretty damn good . It was 1991 as we put the Saints fixture on the back of the tshirt . I got two of each shirts , one I wore at the time and the others have never been worn . I know one mate donated his unworn t-shirts to the Saints museum .

Still looking forward to this season.

about 9 years ago The Western Saints designed a poloshirt that we sold to our members it was quiet popular and we have about 300 made in the first run... by the second run we got sprung by the AFL/ the club and told to stop with my "spare" polo i have made it a goal of mine to get it signed by as many WA saints players as i can (by WA i also class guys who were not born in WA but did spend a huge chunk of their life either playing in the WAFL or coaching WAFL).. at the moment i still have a long way to go but its a sentimental favorite of mine ...

another thing i have that is a personal favorite that has an interesting past is a signed jumper with Winmar, Harvey Loewe and Burke from the 97 grand final ..what is special about it is how i managed to come across it - at the time i was working fo a company as an on the road sales rep and i was looking for this clients house to do a measure and quote i just happend to turn down the wrong street and stumbled on this house with a skip bin out the front i noticed leaning in the skip the top of a frame with the red black and white on it so i stopped to take a look and sure enough there was this framed mint condition piece of saints history.. when i got it home i noticed on the back that it was originally purchased in 1997 at the grand final breakfast as an auction item.. and someone was tossing it out , i felt guilty and went back the next day to give the owner some $ for it and talking to the home owner it belonged to her son who had moved overseas some 10 years ago and she was finally cleaning out all of his "junk" i asked her if he knew she was throwing this away and she said well in 10 years he hasnt called home so i dont think he is going to miss it ... total score !!!

Lk1IFam.jpg

8s9Fxpq.jpg

That's not all of them but it's the latest photo I have of them.

Had a browse on the Saints store, and found a very peculiar listing; placed an order and it seems to be all clear:

View attachment 472286
Doubt that'll stick, my guess is someone put an auction item on the store by mistake. You'll likely get refunded the shipping with an apology

Doubt that'll stick, my guess is someone put an auction item on the store by mistake. You'll likely get refunded the shipping with an apology
I thought to, soo, however received an email today regarding updating my postal address (since they don't post to PO Boxes), and I cannot see a listing for #37 in the 'auction' section with the other guernseys.

In storage (currently building a house) I have, of which I can't believe no one has mentioned, the 1986 Southern Saints autograph book (a soft covered book with individual sleeves containing a player card with phot and stats as well as a blank section for autographs. I did get most of them including Plugger).
Also I am in possession of a jumper I won at the Ansett Cup from 1996 with Nicky Winmar's autograph on the number 7). Plus other memorabilia including past memberships, grand final records from 1997, 2009 and 2010.

I'm not usually a big fan of memorabilia but today I stopped at the Salvos in Cheltenham on Nepean highway, got 2 WEG posters from the 66 GF. They are smaller ones that stood in the newspaper sign frames and originals for $3.25 each. Someone has dropped off some other footy stuff with late 80s early 90s Saints calendars etc. They looked pretty cool and lots of other bits and pieces from John Coleman books and Barassi books etc to other ephemera. Still there if any one lives close.

I only stopped to look at old records, bonus.

I thought I'd bump this thread rather than create a new one for my question.

Does anyone know where to find the old Saints Medals of Honour medals in the timber box? They were produced about five years ago then it was decided they look better in a frame.

I am looking everywhere but can't find the boxed version. Can anyone help a brother out?

Love the idea of this thread mate! I have a few pieces of memorabilia to share. I included my 'vintage' jumper and whilst it probably isn't technically memorabilia, it was bloody expensive enough to be!

View attachment 314704
Dear god I need that. I only just saw that they remade the wool jumpers with the old style crest. I hope they get some more in. Give us a PM if you ever want to sell it.

I managed to track down the supplier of the 1966 replica jumper, whom is a saints supporter in Mordialloc. I got 27 chucked on the back for obvious reasons. Ended up being verrrry pricey, but I'm so happy with it. Email playcorp if your interested in getting one yourselves.
IMG_1219.jpg
IMG_1224.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a footy record from a game in '67 I think that I took to training one night at Moorabbin and got most players to sign. Some are illegible, but I can work most of them out. Quite a few of our greats. And for my 50th I got a signed framed picture of Tony Lockett in action. Love that, particularly as the guy who gave it to me has since passed away. Very special.

This isn't official merchandise but just a couple of nice Trevor Barker photos I got given to me many yrs ago so I put em in a frame.
Nice photo of him running towards his 200th game banner and a great pic of him training.
Just threw a couple of footy cards in the frame as well .
IMG_20181209_192738.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181209_192738.jpg
    IMG_20181209_192738.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 113
This isn't official merchandise but just a couple of nice Trevor Barker photos I got given to me many yrs ago so I put em in a frame.
Nice photo of him running towards his 200th game banner and a great pic of him training.
Just threw a couple of footy cards in the frame as well .
View attachment 593739

Well done mate, and how good does that black training jersey look.
Would make a,great “special game” strip.

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this apart from the FJ&GD board, but I am regrettably selling this signed Frankie Peckett P/I (MW?) 2003 clash/2004 training jumper due to a few projects of mine requiring regular cash injections.

Apologies about the ordinary photos, but if you have any queries or offers, feel free to PM me.

A.Front.jpg
Back.jpg
Patch.jpg
Sekem.jpg

Last edited:
So here's my only piece of real memorabilia - prizes for year (even era!!) and provenance

View attachment 602565

This is interesting. I had always thought we started using stickman in the 60s, taking its likeness from the TV show 'the Saint'. 60 seconds of googling reveals that we may have borrowed the symbol from the series of books that inspired the TV show - written by Leslie Charteris. The first book involving 'the Saint' was written in 1928.

This is interesting. I had always thought we started using stickman in the 60s, taking its likeness from the TV show 'the Saint'. 60 seconds of googling reveals that we may have borrowed the symbol from the series of books that inspired the TV show - written by Leslie Charteris. The first book involving 'the Saint' was written in 1928.
Later than 1955.

Until I dropped it, this was attached to an empty bottle of Asti Spumante.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back