Favourite Sport after Footy?

Favourite sport after footy (Aussie rules)?

• Basketball

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Rugby (league or union)

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Soccer

Votes: 37 20.0%
  • American football/gridiron

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Cricket

Votes: 52 28.1%
  • Baseball

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Ice Hockey

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Field Hockey

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Tennis

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Netball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Softball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 26 14.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket is my second favourite.

Got zero interest in American sports. Last time I can remember watching an American sporting game was Ultimate Frisbee about a year ago.

Some of the plays they make are incredible.

Follow the cricket passionately for the tests, go to boxing day every year with my brother. ODI I used to watch more of but really couldn't care less anymore as they have become a bit of a joke with rotations, with almost every one dayer having the same type of feel and progression through the overs. T20 wise I never watch the internationals, watch the Big Bash quite a bit. I've been to a few of the games with friends, good for a fun time but not taken seriously at all by us.

I follow NFL, but never get to see my team playing live because I'm always working the Monday morning, get to catch up on the condensed versions of the games (better viewing anyway).

NHL - I also follow but again time zones issues, most of my time following is watching the highlights and keeping up on the NHL sub reddit.

MLB ditto but also they play too many games so I see maybe 1 of every 15-20 they play. Casually follow as its hard to keep up with sometimes.

NRL - More so looking at highlights as I usually have the footy on during the same timeslot. Always go to the game when they get down here though.

Probably American football, specifically the NFL. Would watch that heaps more if the games weren't on at s**t times in Australia.

Cricket is my second favourite.

Got zero interest in American sports. Last time I can remember watching an American sporting game was Ultimate Frisbee about a year ago.

Some of the plays they make are incredible.

One of their sports I could see myself following if I was born there would be Baseball. I would probably follow that if born there as the default sport to replace watching cricket, being born here. WWF is not american sport as such but more or less, run from there, so that would be the other.

Always been footy and cricket. Footy is beyond a sport for me. It's a way of life.
Haven't been as disinterested in a summer of cricket as I am for this one coming though. Sandpaper gate combined with channel 7 and Foxtel stealing the rights has killed the excitement.

Getting into the NBA a little. Been playing mixed basketball on Wednesday nights and have a few mates who absolutely froth it so learning bits and pieces about it.
Always enjoyed the NHL. Love the physicality.

Casual fan of UFC. Huge fan of pro wrestling. Controversial to include pro wrestling into this conversation, but i've been making an effort to watch the better wrestling promotions because as an athletic contest it's next level on the entertainment scale. Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano at the recent NXT Takeover event was the best match i've seen in years. Anything involving Kenny Omega is must-see as well.

Can not get around NFL whatsoever. Tried a few times, but when you are spoilt by Australian rules football as a spectacle, trying to get into a sport that takes so long to play for so little output is super difficult.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CrossFit

Doesn't CrossFit trump Footy? :p

Yeah. Given the choice of the Grand Final and the CrossFit Games I'd rather watch the CrossFit Games.

Yeah. Given the choice of the Grand Final and the CrossFit Games I'd rather watch the CrossFit Games.
Would that still be true if the Bombers were competing ? Surely not ?

Footy, cricket and gridiron in a constant revolution depending on my mood or the time of year. Footy probably wins out, because of accessibility and because CA is doing its best to f### cricket as hard as it can off the field, right on the back of its own player's stupid onfield indiscretions, but there's a tragic lifelong loyalty there so I gave it the vote above. Right now, my preoccupation is the Tigers in the Shield and the Rams in the NFL, then the tests, and then a bit of Wolves thrown in. Not even thinking of the AFL at the moment, and next year might be a bit of a writeoff because we'll be in Europe during July and August...

I'm not really an all-sports type, just a fanatic of my fav three. RL gets a clear 4th spot, and I run the RL tipping comp at work, but mainly to recruit the local league fans into the much less popular AFL sister comp! Not into the Olympics, CG, tennis, golf, boxing, anything else really, and some of them I'm quite negative towards…!

the only other sports teams that can have an effect on my mood barring the Eagles are:

Perth Glory
Hammarby IF
Netherlands and Australian national soccer teams

I casually follow the Philadelphia Eagles, Perth Wildcats and Montreal Canadiens also, but dont get "down" when they lose.

Back