Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who you got ? Who was the best matchwinner

Poll wobble was handy

Stretcher obviously big

Sprinklers on the scg in 2005 were good

19th man got us a draw but did battle hard

You forgot Jeremy Laidler as the runner...

Poll would be better with

a) Youtube videos
b) Link to Main board outrage thread.

yeah and I should hug after but sometimes you just want to roll over and sleep

I've never gotten why the SCG sprinklers were supposed to help us in 2005. I didn't even know it was supposedly the Swans idea until I came to BF years later. Until then I'd seen in the news that Geelong had complained about the hardness of the centre square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never gotten why the SCG sprinklers were supposed to help us in 2005. I didn't even know it was supposedly the Swans idea until I came to BF years later. Until then I'd seen in the news that Geelong had complained about the hardness of the centre square.

Geelong were definitely the ones who asked for it (despite what the trolls on the main board said).

Geelong asked for the SCG to be watered before Friday night's semi-final but no one told the Swans, it was confirmed yesterday.

The AFL defended its actions in ordering SCG curator Tom Parker to soften the ground at the request of Geelong, which involved watering only hours before the game.

But AFL ground operations manager Jill Lindsay admitted she should have given the Swans a courtesy call.

The Swans were furious that the ground was so wet, with coach Paul Roos saying it was in a disgraceful state.

Source: https://outline.com/fwKEDd

Thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sprinklers.195941/

No idea why anyone thought this was the Swans idea but I guess ******** travels faster than thruth
I’m bookmarking that post. Have heard so many jabs at us for being cheats over watering the scg v cats final game

Hey GotTheGoodes , what’s the rule around linking to the post if I’m in a main board thread? Can I do that or not? #confused

We didn't water the SCG, that was done at the request of Bomber Thompson to the SCG ground staff who then didn't get it approved by the AFL who had the final approval as it it was a final.
And Demetriou was very happy to oblige. You see he said we played ugly and wanted us out. The first final against the weagles bordered on corruption. It was too sweet winning the flag that year.

Back