Remove this Banner Ad

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Grave encounters is pretty good, & I always loved ‘The Bone Collector’ as a thriller...

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
I love the early Giallo's of Argento, Martino, Bava and Ercoli. They are generally bizarre, brutal, with wild plot twists and wonderful soundtracks.

My favourites are:
Tenebre
Opera
Deep Red
Cat o' Nine Tails
All The Colours Of The Dark
Death Walks In High Heels
Your Vice Is A Locked Door And Only I Have The Key
Strip Nude For Your Killer
What Have You Done To Solange?

There are more but I can't think of them at the moment.
You listed all them but left out argento’s best? Suspiria

You listed all them but left out argento’s best? Suspiria
It’s not really a giallo, more a fantasy/horror. Although you could say that by the time Opera was released in 1987 the era of the giallo’s had long passed and it more closely resembles an American slasher flick, but done with more style.

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Damn i got some good horrors to watch.. just bought them.

Conjuring, Saw 1 and 2. The Ring

Also got Downfall... guess you could call that a horror in a way. I fell asleep during the SBS screening of that, so cant wait to watch it properly.
The latest saw movie....’Jigsaw’ is one of the best of the lot. 😊

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
The Conjuring
The Conjuring 2
Hereditary
The Blair Witch Project
Wrong Turn
The Descent
Annabelle Creation
Insidious
Paranormal Activity
Paranormal Activity 2
Paranormal Activity 3
28 Days Later
The Visit
IT
Jeepers Creepers
Pandorum
Seventh Moon
Saw
Saw 2
Cloverfield
Hostel
Grave Encounters
The Grudge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyway- yeah I did watch the screening of The Birds on GEM.

Freaked the fu** out of me as an 11 year old.. but obviously not quite the same effect. Still is quite creepy- and the slow build up to the birds actually attacking is brilliant.
there is nothing more scary than getting pecked in the eyes. I have always said all birds must die because all they do is make noise and s**t everywhere but this movie made up my mind for me haha

there is nothing more scary than getting pecked in the eyes. I have always said all birds must die because all they do is make noise and sh*t everywhere but this movie made up my mind for me haha

Yep that soundtrack!! So ******* creepy, he really likes those high pitched sounds in his movies doesnt he... very unnerving for the viewer.

DYK- apparently there was meant to be a shot at the very end- of birds covering the Golden Gate Bridge, sitting all over it. But time or money didnt allow the shot..

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep that soundtrack!! So ******* creepy, he really likes those high pitched sounds in his movies doesnt he... very unnerving for the viewer.

DYK- apparently there was meant to be a shot at the very end- of birds covering the Golden Gate Bridge, sitting all over it. But time or money didnt allow the shot..
the special effects were really good for the time though, These days it would be CGI

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely they were pretty good.

The lead actress had real birds tied to her on a string, she seriously got injured on the set had to go to hospital
oh god, can you imagine if that happened now. my worst nightmare! I got attacked by a magpie when i was a kid, have never forgotten it. It only just pecked me but it scarred me for life. Yet i still support Collingwood. Go figure

oh god, can you imagine if that happened now. my worst nightmare! I got attacked by a magpie when i was a kid, have never forgotten it. It only just pecked me but it scarred me for life. Yet i still support Collingwood. Go figure

Idk much about movie making.. but i reckon that would be seriously against OH+S and s**t. Not to mention mistreating the birds/cruelty to animals.

I doubt you'd get away with that stuff these days..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back