Favourite Thrillers and Horror movies

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Deadpool came out Valentines day and had a altered trailer making it out to be a romantic drama about a cancer sufferer, took the Darl at the time to the movies to watch it.
About 10 mins in at least a dozen girls or couples walked out, also a couple of mums and kids. Was quite funny

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
For anyone interested t there is a YouTube channel called alter which has a series of short horror movies. They're actually pretty good. This is my favourite so far.

I’d imagine sausage party probably got the same (people thinking they were kids movies)

Fun fact: the preview of Sausage Party was shown in a cinema of a screening of a kids movie like The Incredibles or something.

The parents were not impressed.
/im sure the kids asked them alot of questions tho.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
My mum took my nephew to see Last Action Hero thinking it was a kid's movie.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
In Search of Darkness is a great Doco on 80's Horror movies. Heaps of behind the scenes stories, celeb takes etc.
I'm an 80's Horror tragic. As a Teenager, I used to run down to the local Video Busters every friday arvo and hire 80's and 90's Horrors and a Super Nintendo game.
This was an awesome trip down memory lane and has given me some to check out that I missed.

For anyone interested t there is a YouTube channel called alter which has a series of short horror movies. They're actually pretty good. This is my favourite so far.

Is it wrong of me to think the bear cookie jar was just as creepy as the clown?

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
In Search of Darkness is a great Doco on 80's Horror movies. Heaps of behind the scenes stories, celeb takes etc.
I'm an 80's Horror tragic. As a Teenager, I used to run down to the local Video Busters every friday arvo and hire 80's and 90's Horrors and a Super Nintendo game.
This was an awesome trip down memory lane and has given me some to check out that I missed.
There is a part 2 that has just been released. It can be found out there

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Cannibal Holocaust is all kinds of f’ed up but the music is a piece of genius.

Cannibal Ferox is one I really liked too (not sure if it's related to this one or not).

I used to be such a huge horror film watcher and working in a video store on and off for around 10 years I've seen so many but struggle to remember a lot of them. A lot of B grade ones in there but really the best horror films are the psychological ones like The Shining and Alien even Jaws, the slasher films just make me laugh for the most part.

Not sure if they'd be classed as Thriller or Horror (possibly Thriller) but I loved Memento, Machinist, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire. I love Lynch probably my favourite director but still haven't seen some of his earlier stuff (Dune, Elephant Man).

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Here's a question for someone that worked there, what movies at the cinema had the most walk outs?

Only time I've seen it on mass was during Very Bad Things when they start throwing around body parts but I've only ever gone to the cinema a few times of the year.

Only movie I've ever walked out of was I Am Legend with Will Smith, that movie s**t me no end,just basically a vehicle for Smith to make wisecracks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
Only movie I've ever walked out of was I Am Legend with Will Smith, that movie sh*t me no end,just basically a vehicle for Smith to make wisecracks.

I don't remember the wisecracks in that too much. Certainly not like in Independence Day or Men in Black. But they are different types of movies I guess.

I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie. Actually, I walked out of the recent Lion King about 20 minutes in because my kid was sick but that's different. I'd say The Blair Witch Project would be up there. People weren't used to the hand-held camera. I remember reports of it making people nauseous.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton

I'm not sure what was more nostalgic for me - reading up on In Search of Darkness, or your reference to Video Busters

I don't remember the wisecracks in that too much. Certainly not like in Independence Day or Men in Black. But they are different types of movies I guess.

I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie. Actually, I walked out of the recent Lion King about 20 minutes in because my kid was sick but that's different. I'd say The Blair Witch Project would be up there. People weren't used to the hand-held camera. I remember reports of it making people nauseous.
Yeah absolutely. I heard reports ppl actually vomiting too.

Iirc when i watched Irreversible i could barely watch the first scene due to the discomfort from the flashing strobe lights

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah absolutely. I heard reports ppl actually vomiting too.

Iirc when i watched Irreversible i could barely watch the first scene due to the discomfort from the flashing strobe lights
and not from "that" scene? most uncomfortable film i have ever watched.
I walked out of 3 kings because i was sitting in the first row and it was so loud i felt really sick even though i was enjoying it. The only true walkout was All the Pretty Horses. That movie was horrendous and my friend wanted to see it because Brad Pitt was in it, but it wasn't Brad Pitt it was Matt Damon lol

and not from "that" scene? most uncomfortable film i have ever watched.
I walked out of 3 kings because i was sitting in the first row and it was so loud i felt really sick even though i was enjoying it. The only true walkout was All the Pretty Horses. That movie was horrendous and my friend wanted to see it because Brad Pitt was in it, but it wasn't Brad Pitt it was Matt Damon lol
The rape scene? Nah that was fine im talking about the nightclub scene and the strobe lights and the music. I think i read the director absolutely did it on purpose those low frequency sounds cause nausea.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The rape scene? Nah that was fine im talking about the nightclub scene and the strobe lights and the music. I think i read the director absolutely did it on purpose those low frequency sounds cause nausea.
His last film was Climax and it was very similarly nausea inducing. The first half was my favourite film of that year and the 2nd half was my least favourite.

His last film was Climax and it was very similarly nausea inducing. The first half was my favourite film of that year and the 2nd half was my least favourite.
I hate movies the most like that.

Some mainstream ones- Gone Girl (i have no idea what happened in the end i blanked out cos it was so s**t) and Girl on the train= great first halfs s**t seconds.

s**t sounds like my football team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back