Favourite TV Shows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
As a kid I used to love all that Aussie drama bullshit like Home and AWAY, Neighbours, E-Street,

902010 etc. Dawsons Creek and PARTY OF 5 was cool teenage nonsense. Cartoons most enjoyed the Simpsons as did I. Saved by the Bell was cool growing up, Gotta love Kelly. Every boy had a crush on her. Round the Twist - Another kid favourite along with Pugwal.

As I got older my love for play school never waned. Joking!

Soprano's
Lost - Before it went to complete bullshit
Prison Break - refer above
Kingdom - Got into that, although many here wouldn't know/care for it.

Believe it or not I only started watching Breaking Bad since the start of last year. On some days I think the ep's are completely overrated and boring as bat s**t. Some are great, and by the end I was hooked and loved it. I watched Mayan's which was a poor man's Sons of Anarchy, will watch series 2 and beyond and I still haven't got into SOA, yet to watch much at all although I will eventually.

Some other 90's comedy I loved as a teen was Just Shoot Me, but perhaps the greatest show of them all, Seinfeld. A ******* spectacular masterpiece.

What are some of yours? Some that I left out, no question I did.

Last edited:
As a kid I used to love all that Aussie drama bullshit like Home and AWAY, Neighbours, E-Street, 902010 etc. Dawsons Creek and PARTY OF 5 was cool teenage nonsense. Cartoons most enjoyed the Simpsons as did I. Saved by the Bell was cool growing up, Gotta love Kelly. Every boy had a crush on her. Round the Twist - Another kid favourite along with Pugwal.

As I got older my love for play school never waned. Joking!

Soprano's
Lost - Before it went to complete bullshit
Prison Break - refer above
Kingdom - Got into that, although many here wouldn't know/care for it.

Believe it or not I only started watching Breaking Bad since the start of last year. On some days I think the ep's are completely overrated and boring as bat s**t. Some are great, and by the end I was hooked and loved it. I watched Mayan's which was a poor man's Sons of Anarchy, will watch series 2 and beyond and I still haven't got into SOA, yet to watch much at all although I will eventually.

Some other 90's comedy I loved as a teen was Just Shoot Me, but perhaps the greatest show of them all, Seinfeld. A ******* spectacular masterpiece.

What are some of yours? Some that I left out, no question I did.

90210 - I still havent forgiven Dylan for cheating on Brenda :drunk:

Party of 5 - there is a remake in the works. Its to be released this year I think.

Kingdom is classic, great drama, where the MMA fighting is really the backstory.

Animal Kingdom is good too.

Seinfeld still holds up so well today that it defecates on any attempt by a show to challenge it.

90210 - I still havent forgiven Dylan for cheating on Brenda :drunk:

Party of 5 - there is a remake in the works. Its to be released this year I think.

Kingdom is classic, great drama, where the MMA fighting is really the backstory.

Animal Kingdom is good too.

Seinfeld still holds up so well today that it defecates on any attempt by a show to challenge it.
LMAO re Dylan.

Holy s**t never knew about PO5, interesting indeed.

Kingdom is fantastic isn't it? Some funny s**t as well as brilliant, intense moments.

Not familiar with AK although I have heard of it. Fill me in Grott.

Seinfeld is the best ever. Two and a half decades later.......Never been caught. Like a thief in the night.

LMAO re Dylan.

Holy s**t never knew about PO5, interesting indeed.

Kingdom is fantastic isn't it? Some funny s**t as well as brilliant, intense moments.

Not familiar with AK although I have heard of it. Fill me in Grott.

Seinfeld is the best ever. Two and a half decades later.......Never been caught. Like a thief in the night.

Kingdom was great, ending tragic. If you a fan of MMA you will love it. Very realistic in its portrayal.

Animal Kingdom is basically a bunch of surfers who are criminals to maintain a certain lifestyle. Recommend you give it a go for a few episodes.

Party of 5 - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/party-five-reboot-ordered-series-at-freeform-1182489

Knew I forgot at least one. Cobra Kai. Loved that!

Simpsons, Better Call Saul, True Detective, Friday Night Lights, Fargo, Seinfeld, Frasier, X-Files, Twin Peaks

Friday Night Lights. * that is one of my faves that I watched towards the end of last year. I love that show.

M*A*S*H
Scrubs
Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
The Office (US)
Peep Show
Community
Heroes (S1 at least...)
The Walking Dead/Fear The Walking Dead
3rd Rock From The Sun

Harper’s Island and the Scream TV series are a couple of good, underrated horror shows I’ve enjoyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setting aside miniseries:

1. Homicide: Life on the Street (fave 90s series)
2. The Wire (fave 2000s series)
3. Breaking Bad
4. Mad Men
5. Freaks n Geeks
6. Six Feet Under
7. The West Wing
8. Game of Thrones (fave 2010s series)
9. Love My Way
10. Janus
(9 & 10 are my fave Australian series)

11. Treme
12. Life on Mars (UK) (fave British series)
13. Seinfeld
14. M*A*S*H (fave 70s series)
15. Frasier
16. Hill Street Blues (fave 80s series)
17. Oz
18. The Sopranos
19. Picket Fences
20. The Adventures of Tintin (fave animated series)

21. Frontline
22. Downton Abbey
23. As Time Goes By
24. Yes Minister
25. Boardwalk Empire
26. Better Call Saul
27. Hey Arnold
28. The Leftovers
29. In Treatment
30. Veep

No south park yet? Surprising. Some of my favorites are sopranos,breaking bad,better call Saul, sons of anarchy,simpsons although have been bad for a while. Young ones I'll always watch if I see it Mr Bean, Monty python. black adder,community just to name a few. Never understood the love for Seinfeld. But each to there own. Might add some more later. Too many to think of

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Not one of my favourites but one of my teenage crushes

ally mcbeal.jpg

I forgot this s**t existed. I think I used to watch the opening credits then pissed it off. I loved Just shoot me from the 90's. Used to love Mya. Now I think she's * all.

Mad About You another 90's sitcom. Never really liked it, never really watched it. Feeling nostalgic for some reason now.

Nothing beat Seinfeld though.

As a kid I used to love all that Aussie drama bullshit like Home and AWAY, Neighbours

Was ahead of my time turning against Home and Away at 13. Couldn't believe my male friends persisted with it for another couple years. Transparently bad. Neighbours was at least knowingly bad and didn't lean on outlandish surprises as much. Home and Away was trying to look serious with a fake film filter.

This was 2000-02. Before torrents became normal, let alone streaming, or YouTube full of 1080p videos on your smartphone. So there was at least the excuse of only 5 channels and got to watch one of them.

Who are these awful people who watch Home and Away today?

Shows I did like as a youngster included The Simpsons, Sliders, Futurama, WWF. Didn't get to watch many full episodes of WWF Raw and WWF SmackDown! at the time so it has been fun to slowly watch the golden period of late 1997-early 2002 on official streams.

Last edited:
The premise of Sliders was great, the delivery was typical American commercial network rubbish.

As a kid Sliders was like watching a movie every week. Doesn't hold up through an adult gaze (looks cheap, too much comedy).

Think Channel 10 stopped showing it or buried it late night at some point in season 3 and then it ended after season 4. Never saw that stuff. Bit of a trainwreck by the end I read with only 1 of the original 4 main cast still in it.

Can't be long until a network or streaming service has a crack at a semi-serious Sliders reboot with modern production. Free advertising across the internet when you do a known property.

Last edited:
Kids today must laugh hard as their parents say "Back in my day, if Channel 7/9/10 stopped showing something you liked, you never saw the rest of it".

The premise of Sliders was great, the delivery was typical American commercial network rubbish.

First 2 and a half seasons were great. Some lame episodes but great team dynamic. After about the half way mark of season 3 oh man...

This will be an unpopular one but I really enjoyed Lois and Clark and still find the main characters and dialogue work really well. I think the use of the John Byrne idea that Clark Kent is really him and Superman is the alter ego is an absolutely fantastic idea and should be adopted in the movies. It make him more human that way, more relatable and separates him from Batman which they've ridiculously tried to turn him into in the recent films.

I also liked Farscape, John Doe, and Stargate SG1.

Was ahead of my time turning against Home and Away at 13. Couldn't believe my male friends persisted with it for another couple years. Transparently bad. Neighbours was at least knowingly bad and didn't lean on outlandish surprises as much. Home and Away was trying to look serious with a fake film filter.

This was 2000-02. Before torrents became normal, let alone streaming, or YouTube full of 1080p videos on your smartphone. So there was at least the excuse of only 5 channels and got to watch one of them.

Who are these awful people who watch Home and Away today?

Shows I did like as a youngster included The Simpsons, Sliders, Futurama, WWF. Didn't get to watch many full episodes of WWF Raw and WWF SmackDown! at the time so it has been fun to slowly watch the golden period of late 1997-early 2002 on official streams.
My mum still watches Home & Away, religiously through the years. Us kids started watching it in 1998 and got her into it. Looking back, that moment when Seb went over a cliff on the car bonnet due to the Duncan drag race felt like the end of the era I'd grown up with.

Sliders and Smallville were definitely my favourite shows during much of their runs. I think I stuck with Sliders through till midway through the final season, was still watching it at the turn-of-the-millennium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back