Schache It Off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Taylor Swift
Despite a horrible win/loss record which presents rather limited choices, there are a few good wins that stick out for me:

- vs North Melbourne 2014 Round 15
- vs Dogs 2015 Round 23
- vs Collingwood 2014
- vs Port 2015

Personally my favorite is where we got over the line against North Melbourne. What a way to win for the great Jonathan Brown.

Thank you Leppa for everything, will still be the triple premiership player I always respected and admired.

Has to be Collingwood followed by North. Not much else worth remembering for 3 seasons.

The one I enjoyed the most would be the Dogs game at the end of 2015. Fighting to avoid the spoon where speculation about tanking was at the forefront, last home game of the season after going to 10 games before that for only 1 win (against Port I think) and it gave me hope for 2016 thinking we were on the way up... ahh, I miss hope

Despite a horrible win/loss record which presents rather limited choices, there are a few good wins that stick out for me:

- vs North Melbourne 2014 Round 15
- vs Dogs 2015 Round 23
- vs Collingwood 2014
- vs Port 2015

Personally my favorite is where we got over the line against North Melbourne. What a way to win for the great Jonathan Brown.

Thank you Leppa for everything, will still be the triple premiership player I always respected and admired.
I remember all 4 that you mentioned fondly.

Collingwood 2014 for sure - Freeman 4 goals. Completely unexpected result as well. We just played all over them.

Port game because Leppa's coaching won us that game. Completely shut them down.

Oh, what a night. At the time I was living about 100m from the Gabba and could drink as much as I want and didn't have to worry about the inconvenience of getting home on the bus. We had a great first quarter, and as we didn't drop off the small crowd started to believe an upset was possible. Port were disappointing last year but the forgotten thing is, at the time Port had only lost to a couple of the top sides and there wasn't much of a clue they would turn out the disappointments they did. We were pretty significant outsiders for the game, paying something like $5.50-1 to win. It sure was Leppa's coaching nous that got us over the line, the midfield pressure and defensive structures were brilliant, so good that the master tactician ;) David King had an "expose" the next week showing how we "unlocked the secret" to beating Port Adelaide and all subsequent teams would follow our tactics. One of those nights where you think "we have truly turned the corner." I remember being a little inebriated and calling a friend, screaming the song down the phone :p IIRC Leppa said at the time it was his best win.

Then we lost the next 11 :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back