Anil Koc, Sven Bender
Lars Bender, Kuntz, Dickov
Bent

Subs:
Fabian Assmann (GK)
Quim (Reserve GK)

Home Ground: The Wankdorf Stadium in Switzerland
Could play marcus and darren bent up front. The Benders and the Bent brothers

Favourite current player who does not play for your team?

I'd go with Isco just ahead of David Silva. Have to respect players who can make the game look as beautiful as these 2.

Favourite current player who does not play for your team?

I'd go with Isco just ahead of David Silva. Have to respect players who can make the game look as beautiful as these 2.
Hm. That's tough, most of the players I like don't come from my team :D

Maybe Hazard. Or Yaya. Or Pirlo. *. I don't know.

I've always had a tremendous ammount of respect for Gerrard, I've never thought he was as naturally talented as the top bracket of elite midfielders of his generation but I can't help but to admire how much of a model clubman he is, and how he has consistently been able to produce spectacular moments in the biggest games. He's a fantastic ambassador for the game IMO, it's just a shame he's declined so much in the last 12 months.

I also have a lot of respect for Lahm and all he's achieved, and these days I really do enjoy watching the way Ramsey goes about things. I always had a soft spot for Berbatov before and after he signed for United too, his touch and vision are just ridiculous and he has a highlight reel as good as any but he's just so lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only got 3 minutes in, but not enough chips.

Craving an Ian Wright clip now

Well he did one at 2:50 ;)

If I have a shot like Gerrard's I'd probably just try to kill the keeper everytime, one of the most powerful (and accurate) shots for goal I've seen. His long range shooting was just insane

Please

If he played for the Mancs you guys would never have any semen left in your balls when it comes to him

We tried to buy him after Keane left. Wasn't really needed before then. Bucks was paying him a lot of complements by the way.

Please
If he played for the Mancs you guys would never have any semen left in your balls when it comes to him

I just said he has been my most respected opposition player purely for the spectacular things he is capable of and his importance to his club? Obviously I would have loved Gerrard's heart and cannon of a shot at United, he'd have been a brilliant partner for Scholes.

Model clubman? Like the time he nearly joined Chelsea?

Always thought Berbatov was a poor man's Bergkamp.

I love giving Liverpool fans s**t for that too but the reality is he stayed in the end even if in hindsight he probably shouldn't. I thought I'd get pulled up for writing that but I meant more in terms of him being a brilliant leader and one of the most iconic figures to ever play for the club.

I agree completely on the second part, Bergkamp is also someone I rate as one of my all time favourite players to watch.

I just said he has been my most respected opposition player purely for the spectacular things he is capable of and his importance to his club? Obviously I would have loved Gerrard's heart and cannon of a shot at United, he'd have been a brilliant partner for Scholes.

It was silly to say he wasn't as naturally talented as the elite midfielders, no one can almost do it all as well as Steven Gerrard in his prime, he was a frightening force of nature

Our performance as a club dragged him down, otherwise he'd be remembered far more highly than he has, and he is already regarded as one of the greats of all time

It was silly to say he wasn't as naturally talented as the elite midfielders, no one can almost do it all as well as Steven Gerrard in his prime, he was a frightening force of nature

Our performance as a club dragged him down, otherwise he'd be remembered far more highly than he has, and he is already regarded as one of the greats of all time

I obviously came across more critical of him than I intended to, I simply meant that there are a couple of other elite midfielders of the past 15 or so years that I personally consider even slightly more talented, but that I respect him on a higher level because of his heart and incredible presence in the big games. It was not intended as an insult, but rather a compliment of his heart and leadership.

I'm not at all saying that I don't consider him an elite amongst his position, just that there are a couple of his peers I rate a little (and only a little) higher for their ability on the ball. Anyway, my point is that over the last decade there has not been an opposition player that I respected more than Steven Gerrard.

I don't think there's many midfielders I've ever seen who has as much raw talent as Gerrard, certainly there have been more successful midfielders at their designated positions but Gerrard comes very close to the one midfielder who can do almost everything at close to the very top level

And for a near 10 year period he kept that level of performance up until injuries got him as he got older

Besides, Gerrard should always be considered as a box to box attacking midfielder anyway, purely because of the tools he has going forward, can never really compare him to the likes of Scholes or Vieira coz they're different.

Dare I say if he isn't a Liverpool player people would be rating him far higher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back