fawlty towers-one of the all time greats

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2005
1060 west addison
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
gala,l'pool,storm,mvfc
anyone been watching the repeats on channel 7,if this isnt one of the greatest british comedies of all time ill barrack for carlton

the episode about the germans is just champagne comedy

DONT MENTION THE WAR!

MagpieScouser said:
well i dont think its the greatest british comedy of all time but its right up there

British comedy is the best. :thumbsu:

I'd put it in the Top 5 best ever, it's a shame it didn't last very long. It's pure genius.

MagpieScouser said:
anyone been watching the repeats on channel 7,if this isnt one of the greatest british comedies of all time ill barrack for carlton

the episode about the germans is just champagne comedy

DONT MENTION THE WAR!

you started it!

Jarryd_S said:
Basil: My god you're ugly aren't you
Nurse: I'll get the Doctor
Basil: You'll need a plastic surgeon dear

:D I love that!

From the same episode...

Nurse: Are you still here?
*Basil looks around*
Basil: Apparently.

Great show but personally I think Some Mothers Do Ave Em is funnier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

embleygirl said:
it's a shame it didn't last very long. It's pure genius.

making it only 12 episide IS the genius.

if you dont agree, i'll put a bat up your nightdress.

Raskolnikov said:
Great show but personally I think Some Mothers Do Ave Em is funnier.
Well least this is not as bad as when u said Peter Weir was better than Martin Scorsese
Some Mothers Do Ave em was a great show but its just not quite in the same league (thats ok not much is)
Fawlty Towers would have to be the most perfect show of all time. All 12 episodes are instant classics (even though the Anniversary wasnt as good as the others it was still fantastic). Thank god it didnt go longer it ended at the right time while it was still perfect.
So many great quotes. So many moments Basil attacking his car with a branch, Basil impersonating Hitler, Basil up a ladder peering into the wrong bedroom.
So many great characters Apart from the main 4 there's also the major, the ladies, Mr Hutchison (who sells SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNSSSS), O'Reilly the builder (you've heard of the genius of the lamp well that's me), Mr Lehmann (did a wonderful job as a corpse) and the American tourist I WANT A WALDORF SALAD.
It was a show I thought would never be rivalled for perfection until The Office came along
The fact that Fawlty TOwers makes todays sitcoms looks slow and out dated shows how wonderful it really is
I have the 12 disc DVD the best DVD i've ever brought. Greatest show of all time its mine along with the Office and the Simpsons its impossible to split these truly genius shows

Very funny show. Everyone has their favorite episodes of course, but I think that "Goumet Night" and "Basil The Rat" are priceless !

Greg Miller= Messiah said:
So many great characters Apart from the main 4 there's also the major, the ladies, Mr Hutchison (who sells SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNSSSS), O'Reilly the builder (you've heard of the genius of the lamp well that's me), Mr Lehmann (did a wonderful job as a corpse) and the American tourist I WANT A WALDORF SALAD.

You left out Mrs Richards-Why? Because Krakatoa's not erupting? Because hordes of wilderbeest arent sweeping majesticly across the plains? and I dont keep it switched on, it wastes the batteries.

localyokel said:
You left out Mrs Richards-Why? Because Krakatoa's not erupting? Because hordes of wilderbeest arent sweeping majesticly across the plains? and I dont keep it switched on, it wastes the batteries.
Basil: Well this is a Torquay hotel, what would you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel window? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? The Sydney Opera House? Hoardes of Wildabeest stampeeding across the plain?
Mrs Richards: I expect to see the sea.
Basil: You can see the sea, it's there between the land and the sky.

GOLD! :D

His spaz attack "Im so stuuuupid I made a mistake"

or the peas "they were fresh when they were frozen"

Terry "What the eye cant see the chef gets away with"

Basil "A happy guest, we should get him stuffed"

Basil: Do you like Cavalleria Rusticana Terry?
Terry: I've never 'ad it Mr Fawlty.

Basil: BRAHM'S THIRD RACKET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basil: She'll have to sew 'em back on first!!!

lincsPJ said:
making it only 12 episide IS the genius.

if you dont agree, i'll put a bat up your nightdress.

Would have ruined it if they made to many.

Dont put a bat up my night dress.

Syible was great what a slag. Manuel was a classic.

germans.jpg

ftowers1.jpg

carthrash.jpg

fawlty.jpg

geosaus.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back