Feather Doonas

Remove this Banner Ad

Sly77

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2001
Vic - Qld - Vic - yep peoples I'm back!
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Yes, you may think I've gone nuts - but I've often wondered this.

What on earth happens to the ducks/geese/chickens (yes doona companies will admit they use chicken feathers) after their feathers have been plucked and used to fill doonas?

Do they get released featherless?
Can a full body of feathers regrow?
Do they get used for meat?
Are they specifically bred for feathers?

See what working on a Sunday night does to you :D

Hey I gave a disclaimer - you try reconciling shares and dividends at 8pm on a Sunday :D

However, I still have wondered and it still remains unanswered - I did have a friend ring up a manufacturer once for me - but the only thing he could find out was that they mainly used chicken feathers - and not duck/goose as stated

My guess, and it's just a guess... I think those birds are bred for their feathers. And the remainder might be used for your McChook at Macca's later this week. :)

Can't live without my doona, that's for sure-- and this is a night for that...

Cheers,
William

Originally posted by Sly77
and I know that KFC actually use rabbit in their nuggets........

What's wrong with that? Rabbit has about the same, if not more protein in it than chicken. Just because everyone ate rabbit during the depression dosen't mean it's bad meat.

Well I know thats DEFINATELY wrong - there would barely be 1% real chook in that stuff, and I know that KFC actually use rabbit in their nuggets........

So there's actually a place where there are chooks and wabbits running around WITHOUT their nuggets???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sly, I think there's still a full moon out. :D

Cheers,
William

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by M29

What's wrong with that? Rabbit has about the same, if not more protein in it than chicken. Just because everyone ate rabbit during the depression dosen't mean it's bad meat.

Exactly. It is said that rabbit meat saved the lives of people who would have otherwise starved to death.

Whats wrong is that they call them "CHICKEN NUGGETS" not Rabbit Nuggets.

Ever thought that chicken maybe a name for the way they process them? Silly I know. Like that PAL dog food. Where 'Top breeders recommend PAL" isn't necessarily Top Breeders as in individuals, but "Top Breeders" is a company. Therefore "Chicken Nuggets" could be a patented system of making deepfried crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back