R6. Mustajeer
R7. Castelvecchio
R8. Master of Wine
R9. On The White Turf & Nudge

Great days racing tomorrow. Like:

Adelaide Ace to roll the filly
Seth but I’m hoping for better on the day
Hans at pre post
And you’ve talked me into Halvorsen, ILP.

Good luck all.

I’ve just got a bit of a set against Godolphin Autumn 3yos. Sepoy, Helmet, Guelph etc. A lot of their Spring superstars just don’t come up. Bivouac may just be way to good for them but take him out and this race is a real headf#$k.
Should be a great watch though.

I’ve just got a bit of a set against Godolphin Autumn 3yos. Sepoy, Helmet, Guelph etc. A lot of their Spring superstars just don’t come up. Bivouac may just be way to good for them but take him out and this race is a real headf#$k.
Should be a great watch though.
Kementari another
Avoid like the plague

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe he’s a majority share owner? (eastaugh36 can you confirm?)
They were offered a fair amount for Dalasan back in mid 2019 which they turned down

Good mates brother owns either 15 or 20% can’t remember. Is loaded and first horse he’s gone in. No idea of the game just that they run on 4 legs. Always the way

For those interested I thought I'd give some of my thoughts on tomorrows Morphettville card.

Race 1 - Zalmona gets in perfectly for this opening race. The 3kg claim for Neindorf gets it in on the limit weight. This is a horse that may not have won for over a year but has been competing in much higher class, placing in Group and Listed races and also running in The Goodwood. Can get back in its races but barrier 1 should allow it to position closer. At $6 I consider it a must bet.

Race 2 - Sheza Little Posh is a horse I've followed closely. Draws nicely and should position closer. Last start ran on really well but just got a length further back than I'd hoped on turning which proved costly. Golden Insight is a an unraced one at big odds but I've been impressed with its jumpouts and trials. Hasn't trialled again since November but I think its made the necessary improvement and I really liked its jumpout the other day. I think it has a nice turn of foot and may be one they are trying to fly under the radar.

Race 4 - Good to see a distance race with a decent sized field. Unlike most distance races in SA I think there is some nice speed engaged. Franked has a great record when getting to these distances and notably has been backed in, bear in mind its from a punting stable. Outside of him I think there is some value to be had. Turf Man luckily had his race abandoned half way through due to a tractor malfunction at Bordertown the other day. Was in a very sticky position back on the fence so I was very happy to see this. Does get back in his races but as I mentioned I feel there is sufficient speed. Matas ran really well mid week and has been backed up tomorrow. Really hit the line nicely. Worth nothing she won on the back up in January albeit at BM 58 level. I think this horse can be followed and could make a good horse for the marathon race at Oakbank over Easter.

Race 6 - This is a good race. Perfect Route is a horse with a great future. I thought Iscariot fought it out really well last time after being under pressure and the weight turnaround helps however this is countered by the rider switch. Picargo will be much better suited today to 1400m and back on the dry. Took it up to Just Zerene previously and Tourneur goes on and jumps off Sowpods. Wouldn't surprise me if he won.

Race 8 - Sky Punch is a talented horse. Worth noting he was backed right in minutes after opening at $8. Cartwright returns to Morphettville for his great supporter in Hickmott and this will be a sweet victory now he's got himself together.

Race 9 - I think Magic Reward will turn the tables on Sacred Walk. Love the value on offer at $8. Pale Ale reunites with Finnegan after her comeback. They've won multiple races together and it just loves the Parks track. Currently $23.

Believe he’s a majority share owner? (eastaugh36 can you confirm?)
They were offered a fair amount for Dalasan back in mid 2019 which they turned down

Nah, Macdonald doesn't own any of the horses he trains I don't think.. Perks is the major owner and their association goes back years and years with many group wins. The horse isn't going to any other trainer!

Just noticed Taikamochi is scratched in the 1st tomorrow. This means Jaguary probably leads instead of being outside the leader and therefore a much better chance. Worth something on at $15. I doubt Just Benjamin will lead given he fell in leading last start

For those interested I thought I'd give some of my thoughts on tomorrows Morphettville card.

Race 1 - Zalmona gets in perfectly for this opening race. The 3kg claim for Neindorf gets it in on the limit weight. This is a horse that may not have won for over a year but has been competing in much higher class, placing in Group and Listed races and also running in The Goodwood. Can get back in its races but barrier 1 should allow it to position closer. At $6 I consider it a must bet.

Race 2 - Sheza Little Posh is a horse I've followed closely. Draws nicely and should position closer. Last start ran on really well but just got a length further back than I'd hoped on turning which proved costly. Golden Insight is a an unraced one at big odds but I've been impressed with its jumpouts and trials. Hasn't trialled again since November but I think its made the necessary improvement and I really liked its jumpout the other day. I think it has a nice turn of foot and may be one they are trying to fly under the radar.

Race 4 - Good to see a distance race with a decent sized field. Unlike most distance races in SA I think there is some nice speed engaged. Franked has a great record when getting to these distances and notably has been backed in, bear in mind its from a punting stable. Outside of him I think there is some value to be had. Turf Man luckily had his race abandoned half way through due to a tractor malfunction at Bordertown the other day. Was in a very sticky position back on the fence so I was very happy to see this. Does get back in his races but as I mentioned I feel there is sufficient speed. Matas ran really well mid week and has been backed up tomorrow. Really hit the line nicely. Worth nothing she won on the back up in January albeit at BM 58 level. I think this horse can be followed and could make a good horse for the marathon race at Oakbank over Easter.

Race 6 - This is a good race. Perfect Route is a horse with a great future. I thought Iscariot fought it out really well last time after being under pressure and the weight turnaround helps however this is countered by the rider switch. Picargo will be much better suited today to 1400m and back on the dry. Took it up to Just Zerene previously and Tourneur goes on and jumps off Sowpods. Wouldn't surprise me if he won.

Race 8 - Sky Punch is a talented horse. Worth noting he was backed right in minutes after opening at $8. Cartwright returns to Morphettville for his great supporter in Hickmott and this will be a sweet victory now he's got himself together.

Race 9 - I think Magic Reward will turn the tables on Sacred Walk. Love the value on offer at $8. Pale Ale reunites with Finnegan after her comeback. They've won multiple races together and it just loves the Parks track. Currently $23.
I am very keen on Roselli sting in race 8. Has sensational 1400m form and really crap 1600m form and they keep running it over 1600m. Plenty of pace in the race so hopefully he gets some cover and if so i think he wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back