Racing February Daily Punt - Still A 100% Danny Nikolic Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw Hawkshot running around again in Honkers.. failed to run a drum thou

That is extremely dodgy Thought Of That.
Imagine going from opening 2nd fave in a VRC Derby to coming 2nd last at Ballarat the next start.
I have always found that horses that resume from Derbies, unless they are top class which is rare these days given most of them avoid the Derby take a while to hit top form and they are always a stay away from me. mainly because they are almost always dour stayers, BUT fillies resuming from oaks are a gold mine, most of them are 1600m horses having a fling at the stumps and have a little bit of class so when they resume over shorter distances sprint much better.
I have done well backing fillies resuming in the autumn because of this, especially if they resume in restricted races

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the topic of the dearth of Australian middle distance WFA horses, anyone know anything about Addeyeb?

I see it’s $4.50 favourite for the Ranvet next month

Poison - needs it to be bottomless to have any hope and even then it is probably unders. I'd back Avi to beat it on a bog.

Beat magic wand at Royal Ascot and has a very good record....seems more like a 2000m horse but hey

Poor mans Nature Strip who mixes his form a lot - and as I said - will need it to be bottomless. Makes the $4.50 a terrible proposition right now for mine.

DP at the same price in the QE is an infinitely better bet.

I just had a look at the full VRC derby fields for the last 5 years... oh boy...ultimately full of benchmark 58 horses
I wonder if the ATC Derby would be much different. Take a few decent kiwis out and the honour roll of late doesn’t look too hot.

Thought Warning was ok in what looked like a barrier trial on the weekend. Soul Patch was good last week. Hopefully a couple of these can progress to at least the Autumn 3yo features.

Then of course we can all bet around them as 4yos in early Cups markets.

I wonder if the ATC Derby would be much different. Take a few decent kiwis out and the honour roll of late doesn’t look too hot.

Yeah the Criterion-Dundeel-Mangolian Khan period has probably saved it from getting more attention for a s**t honour roll for a few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back