Racing February Daily Punt - Still A 100% Danny Nikolic Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who do you like in the race? I’ve honestly put the dartboard up and have no idea. Any help would be appreciated
Super tough but with a few speedsters drawn wide the heat will be on, which likely means one with a soft sit just off them or wide swooper depending on how the track is playing

Rail out another 3m

Oakleigh Plate looks reasonably simple to me. Your either on Biv, or you are laying it. Most races are like that but this one most so. Favourites with a soft/large range of possible performances always make interesting betting mediums.

I don’t really lay horses but sometimes I regret it because realistically the short ones to oppose is where the most percentage comes into it. Taking $20 about a $12 (rated) chance just can be low percentage and fluctuate bankroll too much.

Oakleigh Plate looks reasonably simple to me. Your either on Biv, or you are laying it. Most races are like that but this one most so. Favourites with a soft/large range of possible performances always make interesting betting mediums.

I don’t really lay horses but sometimes I regret it because realistically the short ones to oppose is where the most percentage comes into it. Taking $20 about a $12 (rated) chance just can be low percentage and fluctuate bankroll too much.
You reckon Bivouac is vulnerable?

You reckon Bivouac is vulnerable?

First up, Spring 3yo resuming, Play up laying him, Oakleigh plate has a history of being a not good winner race if you know what i mean there. The tempo big fields can cause havoc. There's enough to be wary of and he's far from a firm prospect. If those things don't worry you then yeah your with him the whole way but there are questions.

The race certainly lacks a bit of top end class. You're looking at horses like BOM and Faatinah as your "established older sprinters" which is probably not a great start. The latter might be overs with his fresh record.

The fave is the only G1 winner in the field and even that's age restricted. He probably needs to have come back at least a shade better to justify him at the price now that he's giving some weight away, yet we won't know that till after it's won. Wouldn't blame anyone just taking a punt on him, but there's a horse in the same colours, similar price in the previous race who'd probably be the better bet.

There's also an endless bevy of "sit off them and run on" names like Bold Star, Halvorsen, All Too Royal etc. without even getting to your genuine swoopers. Good luck being on the right one.

Nice race but I'm gonna hard pass on backing something. Traditional big F in the quad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back