Racing February Daily Punt - Still A 100% Danny Nikolic Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godolphin 3yo in the Autumn does just fine. Has to end the discussion about Biv coming back. Treat horses on their merits not what some other horse with different breeding done just because raced by same owner.
I think it’s more that their top tier horses are aggressively campaigned early. Often run in just about everything in the Spring, often after solid 2yo campaign. Having said that they did it with Flit last Spring (why on earth would you run that horse in the McKinnon?) but she returned just fine, so maybe this years going to be different.

Just something I’ve noticed over the years, but at his best certainly Bivouac wins this.

I think it’s more that their top tier horses are aggressively campaigned early. Often run in just about everything in the Spring, often after solid 2yo campaign. Having said that they did it with Flit last Spring (why on earth would you run that horse in the McKinnon?) but she returned just fine, so maybe this years going to be different.

Just something I’ve noticed over the years, but at his best certainly Bivouac wins this.

I think people underestimate how much they actually need to improve to keep up with the WFA scale. Horses like Yes Yes Yes, Bivouac, Castelvechio get huge weight relief in the spring. They come back and off a short break have to improve 6kg just to keep up with the WFA scale. 2yo's improvement even more drastic to spring 3yo and 2yo's are not even competitive at WFA so they need to improve more than WFA suggests. It's not about coming back it's IF they have any upside left or they just matured early.

I think people underestimate how much they actually need to improve to keep up with the WFA scale. Horses like Yes Yes Yes, Bivouac, Castelvechio get huge weight relief in the spring. They come back and off a short break have to improve 6kg just to keep up with the WFA scale. 2yo's improvement even more drastic to spring 3yo and 2yo's are not even competitive at WFA so they need to improve more than WFA suggests. It's not about coming back it's IF they have any upside left or they just matured early.

And this is why I always get the shits when they are hyped to the absolute s**t and treated like absolute superstars as spring 3yos when 99% of them never go on with it once they progress to open company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back