Racing February Daily Punt- The Winx Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarice Cliffs in the last at HQ on Sat a good bet. Deserved favourite. Been smashing the clock in first two prep runs, maps to box seat, is rock hard fit racing against horses who are beginning their campaigns and looking for further. Like it

I'd rather go E/W on La Tigeressa @ 12's. Have a look at the replay of their 1st up run over 1140m.

Last edited:
Best Launceston Cup field for the record would have to be 2013 I think.

Geegees Blackflash
The Cleaner
Dream Pedlar
Norsqui
Fieldmaster (Payne)
Hurdy Gurdy Man (Weir)
Lucky Angel (Vasil)
Gee Gees La Quita - won Tas 1000 Guineas and beat the Cleaner over 2200m WFA
Ollie's Gold - won Tas Derby beating Kenjorwood

Whoever is responsible for all these Gee Gee names in TAS is a complete dick. Worst sounding names ever! I cringe every time i have to listen to a race when there is 3 or 4 of them in. I seriously can't even bring myself to backing one of them.

The Coongy last year was legit one of the worst Group races i have witnessed.

You mean the one won by Best of Days who went on to win the G1 mile handicap at the Cup carnival?

Speaking of - those silly enough to back him into single figures in the Futurity must think he is the bet of the year in the Blamey

You mean the one won by Best of Days who went on to win the G1 mile handicap at the Cup carnival?

Speaking of - those silly enough to back him into single figures in the Futurity must think he is the bet of the year in the Blamey

C'mon ILP. Have a look at the whole field... disgusting!

C'mon ILP. Have a look at the whole field... disgusting!

Not sure what you are talking about mate - form out of the race has been superb. I'd argue it is one of the better renewals.

Was on course at Morphetville last Sat. Team Clarken declared - Behave in the last. Killed me and the other 23 punters that were down there, dropping dead as an early crow was voiced. Bookies had to sit to hide their big stiffies.
I’m keeping the faith. On the quick backup in the last. $4.

Was on course at Morphetville last Sat. Team Clarken declared - Behave in the last. Killed me and the other 23 punters that were down there, dropping dead as an early crow was voiced. Bookies had to sit to hide their big stiffies.
I’m keeping the faith. On the quick backup in the last. $4.

After Avilius saluted and made my day, Behave pulled the rug from under me just as fast.

On a related note i was having a chat the other day with a.fellow punter about what is the worst group 1 race in australia.

We landed with these candidates:
Kingsford Smith Cup
Qld oaks
SA Derby
Winterbottom

SA Derby by a Winx like margin I would have thought. To be honest - any of the SA ones except the Goodwood would be up there.

My vote is the Canterbury stakes by far
it shouldnt even be a listed race

??? More laughable commentary from the royal court jester - go back and look at the winners over the last decade - they are outstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres an argument despite the history and the fanfare of the raceday that the VRC Derby is a pretty poor group 1 race

The classics tend to have there up and down periods though but on average they deserve their status - nothing wrong with the last 5 VRC Derby winners for mine.

Have the last 5 Caulfield Guineas winners been that much better? Debatable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back