Racing February Daily Punt- The Winx Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

If there are Gp1s at 1200m, 1400m 1600m, 2400m, 3200 it would be logical to have one at 2000m.

Perhaps there is an argument for no Gp1 HCPs and I don't have a strong opinion either way on that, but given there are Gp1 HCPs at every other common distance it is logical to have a 2000m Gp1 HCP as well.

There is also ones at 1100 and 1350 so why not 1500, 1700, 2200, 2500, 4000, 900, 955

Clarice Cliffs in the last at HQ on Sat a good bet. Deserved favourite. Been smashing the clock in first two prep runs, maps to box seat, is rock hard fit racing against horses who are beginning their campaigns and looking for further. Like it

I'd have it close to lay of the day at those odds - would be staggered if at least one of those up the top can't beat it on class alone

#tiberiumboard

I wrote common distances already. Sprinters, milers, stayers are all catered for in the HCPs. Nothing for the 2000m type horses.

What about the 900 m horses ? or the 1500m horses? or the 4000m horses? Why are 2000m horses so special?

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
What about the 900 m horses ? or the 1500m horses? or the 4000m horses? Why are 2000m horses so special?
900m race not common. Potentially have one at 1000m but thats another debate - they are kind of catered for by 1200m. 1500m horses close enough to catered for with 1400m and 1600m Gp1 HCPs. We dont have 4000m races - those type of stayers are catered for with Melb Cup Gp1 HCP.

900m race not common. Potentially have one at 1000m but thats another debate - they are kind of catered for by 1200m. 1500m horses close enough to catered for with 1400m and 1600m Gp1 HCPs. We dont have 4000m races - those type of stayers are catered for with Melb Cup Gp1 HCP.

You know what is SUPER common? 2000m G1s - if you are good enough go and win one at WFA or against your own age.

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You know what is SUPER common? 2000m G1s - if you are good enough go and win one at WFA or against your own age.
That argument if you are good enough win at WFA could be used for Gp1 HCPs of any distance, thats another argument and one I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. However given the current Gp1 Calendar does have Gp1 HCPs over most other common distances the lack of a Gp1 2000m HCP sticks out as a glaring omission.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol what - we are a laughing stock globally already for having G1 handicaps - why do we need one over a distance where there are a billion at WFA - that is one of the worst suggestions I've heard on here and that is saying something.
Handicaps make racing. I have no problem with this. It will generate more turnover than some race with a 1.10 chance running around. LOL @ laughing stock. We should innovate rather than follow.

Handicaps make racing. I have no problem with this. It will generate more turnover than some race with a 1.10 chance running around. LOL @ laughing stock. We should innovate rather than follow.

We have lots of 2000m handicaps to bet on - I just named one - why does it have to be Group 1? How is making handicaps G1 'innovative'.

If you want good turnover bet in HK where the same horses race each other over and over again in what I personally find a very boring/repetitive product as a racing fan.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Peg Leg Ben in the next at Terang, Horse flies there at 1400 5 from 6 and is a leader which suits today , 13s at the moment. Hopefully it can get to the front. Take the quinella with Telemarketer which should sit off it

Peg Leg Ben in the next at Terang, Horse flies there at 1400 5 from 6 and is a leader which suits today , 13s at the moment. Hopefully it can get to the front. Take the quinella with Telemarketer which should sit off it

Good shout to lay off in running if it gets to the front - the rail is absolute dynamite there today!

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have lots of 2000m handicaps to bet on - I just named one - why does it have to be Group 1? How is making handicaps G1 'innovative'.

If you want good turnover bet in HK where the same horses race each other over and over again in what I personally find a very boring/repetitive product as a racing fan.
a 2000m handicap is not boring , 2000m WFA races are , Anyway i take back the group 1 thing, should be a high prizemoney handicap though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a 2000m handicap is not boring , 2000m WFA races are , Anyway i take back the group 1 thing, should be a high prizemoney handicap though

Perhaps you should stick to Hong Kong then.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Is this the best Launny Cup field ever seen?

Solid day's racing down in Tassie for a Wednesday - anyone keen to play around the faves in the features?

Much stronger than the Hobart Cup field but hardly best ever. Go back a few years and you had geegeesblackflash, the cleaner, dream pedlar and norsqui just out of the local staying horses and Moody, Weir, Leon Macdonald have always bought horses down over the years.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Ive been following Eastender as i know one of the owners.. but im not sure that it can beat Etymology :think:

Same boat for me without the knowing an owner part. I had small bet Eastender. Etymology should win on recent form but Cummings has only recently confiscated his milk saucer and not keen about taking shorts on it. Haven't bothered to bring Williams down to ride it.

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Same boat for me without the knowing an owner part. I had small bet Eastender. Etymology should win on recent form but Cummings has only recently confiscated his milk saucer and not keen about taking shorts on it. Haven't bothered to bring Williams down to ride it.
Great ride from Craigy Newitt 4 in a row this horse is becoming abit of a talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back