Racing February Daily Punt - Waller only wants Bowman

Remove this Banner Ad

Kementari looked great in Sydney. Decision for connections whether to go a distance route via Guineas or Newmarket.
If they're smart, they'll stay in Sydney for the Guineas and pick up a G1 - will take all before him up there.

he will probably win everything but i wouldn't give up on Siege of Quebec. Clearly needs further and Kementari might find it harder getting past him as they go further

He'll win the Randwick Guineas before retiring at end of his 3yo season.

Hopefully L Nolen used up his badness during yesterdays rides.

Very interested to see how Shoals, Tulip and Booker come back this prep.

As expected - Shoals fluke win on Derby Day at poison unders worth about as much in the form book as I thought at the time.

Not sure what I'll be doing with this race going forward. Bunched finish but plenty of unlucky runners and the first three didn't exactly get all favours.

Put a line through it - entire field within basically 2.5 lengths with about 18 unlucky runners - was like a mini rendition of the 1992 Cox Plate with the ageing veteran falling over them all late.

Single Gaze a nose second first up at 1400m at WFA says the forms not worth much.

Main take away is that Thronum will never win a 1400m G1 at WFA if he couldn't hold on there today.

Thumps and cardiac arythmia are basically the only two “forget runs” that you can learn from a steward report. Both seem to have small impact on future starts but are complete write offs on the day.

Don’t even get me started on “horse was found to be lame”. useless information.

Looking at his career profile since coming here Tosen seems to suffer from cardiac arythmia every second start :)

he will probably win everything but i wouldn't give up on Siege of Quebec. Clearly needs further and Kementari might find it harder getting past him as they go further

Sieqe of Quebec has been a bit disappointing his first two this prep for mine - think Kem is a panels better horse plus Gai/Bott are in s**t form - the stable will have to turn that around if he is any chance of rolling Kem.

Sieqe of Quebec has been a bit disappointing his first two this prep for mine - think Kem is a panels better horse plus Gai/Bott are in s**t form - the stable will have to turn that around if he is any chance of rolling Kem.
I wouldn't back SOQ to beat Kementari unless SOQ draws well and has an easy lead and KEm draws wide in a race 1600m or further
Godolphin are notorious for winning early in a carnival then tailing away though, not saying Kem will do that (he should have won the Guineas by lengths) but I would not take short odds about him in the above scenario

Yeah still have to have an apostrophe over Godolphin, they had a good day Saturday but this is not new early in a prep.

I'll wait and see if any of them win their Grand Finals before hailing them all conquering.

Question punters, do any of you like to take future bets for races like the Newmarket, aus cup, guineas ect; this far out, and if if so had much success?

Outside of Jameka and admire rakti I’ve never had much luck doing so.

Nope - unless i have inside word from connections that they are heading to a target that most wouldn't expect I stay out completely.

Question punters, do any of you like to take future bets for races like the Newmarket, aus cup, guineas ect; this far out, and if if so had much success?

Outside of Jameka and admire rakti I’ve never had much luck doing so.
I had a big go once.. On Admire Rakti in the Melbourne Cup, we all know how that ended!
Unless you have some sort of inside word its just a waste of money IMO, the percentages of the market are something ridiculous, you are betting way before the race then you have to hope that the track conditions are suitable etc etc
Might be fun for small doubles to win a fortune otherwise not for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with ante post these days
- noms taken too close to actual race
- limited place betting available to cover your bet at the nice odds

Humidor in the Aus Cup was my best one last year.

Reports the Everest could clash with the Caulfield Cup next year :rolleyes:

#ozracing

will f**k up Moonee Valley's friday night meet too!! As horses which run in The Everest will be struggling to back up in time.

Wouldn't be surprised if jockeys start arking up over this crap

Matty plz!

Panels worse - Caulfield Cup is one of THE RACES in the Australian calendar that even joe blow would know.

Joe Blow can blow it up his arse. Guineas day as a whole doesn't need any sideshows. Caulfield Cup day is dull outside of the Cup itself, come on down Everest.

Joe Blow can blow it up his arse. Guineas day as a whole doesn't need any sideshows. Caulfield Cup day is dull outside of the Cup itself, come on down Everest.

It's still a panels bigger race than anything held on Guineas Day and should get the sole limelight.

V’landys still thinks he’s God’s gift to humanity

hqdefault.jpg

Probably the best horse in the race but Alizee looks absolute poison unders opening tomato sauce. Don't think first up 1200m is her go at all.

Happy to be on the ATM in the Lightning - will stick with him until one of the other turn takers can show they can beat him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back