Fed Cup 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

We always lose doubles. She hasn't won a damn team tournament match since they started. Something needs to give.

Unfortunately...

https://www.tennis.com.au/news-and-events/players-and-rankings/rankings

Who else do you pick who isn't Stosur?

You pick anyone who is willing to give 100% and won't throw a tanty if things aren't going their way. If you have limited stocks available that's all you can do. If Dasha is going to continue to be picked she needs to show more maturity. If you lose so be it, but as long as you've done your best no one can complain but things like tanking and tantrums should not be tolerated.

The Ukrainian team to their credit did well but luckily we had a strong doubles combo to take out the tie. A win is a win and we will take it and run!

Avoided a very embarrassing end to the summer for Tennis Australia with the Davis Cup loss last week. Given the way Tennis Australia appears to put the Davis Cup and Fed Cup above all else they really need to perform at home.

Avoided a very embarrassing end to the summer for Tennis Australia with the Davis Cup loss last week. Given the way Tennis Australia appears to put the Davis Cup and Fed Cup above all else they really need to perform at home.

Agree. Feels like they've been drinking their own bath water. We need to face facts that we are not a dominant tennis nation anymore and need to work very hard to get near a lot of other teams, even on home turf.

Surprisingly hard to find an organised rankings site. Foxsports at least gives me the same names. Probably missing a Rodionova.

It's not a great deal different, just a different order (the men's is quite a bit different). Your point still stands, slim pickings, but it's the same for a lot of countries I suppose. Whoever plays needs to meet certain behavioral standards. Ukraine played a 15 year old who showed more maturity than Dasha. I like Dash but she does need to work on her attitude and emotions as it definitely costs her games.

The issue with dasha is because of her style of play if the level drops off even a bit she looks like a very average tennis player. As is the case atm, all over the shop mentally needs to focus on getting that right before worrying about playing some good tennis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea on which Australian city will host the tie?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No idea. They were asking for suggestions on FB though, I suggested Kooyong ;)

This weekend versus Netherlands in Wollongong, NSW. Tickets $72 or
Live coverage on 7mate and 7two.

TEAMS
Ash Barty
Daria Gavrilova
Sam Stosur
Destanee Aiava

Lesley Kerkhove
Quirine Lemoin
Demi Schuur
Indy De Vroome

Wouldn't give sam a gig in singles or doubles with her form. What is the surface? Should really win with the opposition lineup. Horrible timing as well with the European clay season starting and plauers having to return to australia.

This weekend versus Netherlands in Wollongong, NSW. Tickets $72 or
Live coverage on 7mate and 7two.

TEAMS
Ash Barty
Daria Gavrilova
Sam Stosur
Destanee Aiava

Lesley Kerkhove
Quirine Lemoin
Demi Schuur
Indy De Vroome

who????

i have only heard of Demi Schuur, who won Brisbane and Hobart doubles this year.

Wouldn't give sam a gig in singles or doubles with her form.

True, but it's her veteran experience that is valuable esp with Des there. She wouldn't be expected to carry the team like in the past. It's expected that Ash and Dasha to carry the load. Surprised Tomljanović wasn't invited considering the effort TA went to "Australianize" her.

What is the surface?

Indoor hard.

Should really win with the opposition lineup.

Yes we should really piss it in.

Horrible timing as well with the European clay season starting and players having to return to australia.

The "perk" of being Australian and agreed on the timing. These Fed Cup ties are held 3 weeks after Miami whereas the Davis Cup qtrs are held only the 1 week after Miami :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back