WTA Fed Cup 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
She can look on the bright side and count her money like Tomic and be happy haha
Yes I'd like to think so, but after a brutal day like that she'll be kicking herself every day until January.

Hewitt had a similar sort of thing in 2001. Only won 1 of his 2 singles rubbers, lost the doubles, had a retiring champ with him in Rafter. Then in the 2002 Hopman Cup he memorably got chicken pox and had to pull out, and still wasn't right come the AO and exited against the journeyman Alberto Martin. That was a vicious change of events after shooting to YE#1/Tennis Masters Cup title.

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
Yes I'd like to think so, but after a brutal day like that she'll be kicking herself every day until January.

Hewitt had a similar sort of thing in 2001. Only won 1 of his 2 singles rubbers, lost the doubles, had a retiring champ with him in Rafter. Then in the 2002 Hopman Cup he memorably got chicken pox and had to pull out, and still wasn't right come the AO and exited against the journeyman Alberto Martin. That was a vicious change of events after shooting to YE#1/Tennis Masters Cup title.
Nicholas ******* Escude

Beat Lleyton at Wimbledon that year too

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Yeah Belgium making the Davis Cup final twice in three years really nailed the coffin shut. That was horrid.

When (brave) Goffin was your main man, and perennial journeymen Bemelmans/Darcis your support singles crew, historically you shouldn't be anywhere near it. They felt more threatening in the 2000s.

Last edited:

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Nicholas ******* Escude

Beat Lleyton at Wimbledon that year too
Escude was a weird player. Would be a world-beater a couple weeks a year, then bog standard outside it.

That 5th rubber between Arthurs-Escude still gives me cold sweats. Such dread going into that, and it panned out as you'd expect it would. Coming the year after Spain as well. Rafter had such a tragic year, lost these winnable finals and then was just about done come the USO, he really could have retired at #1 lol with a bit more luck.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for the tip of Sasha I thought something might of been up as he didn't travel to Shenshen. I wonder if the French team will be celebrating at the french restaurant at Crown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back