WTA Fed Cup 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Haley whilst a great player is not someone that can overpower Ash, there would be numerous cat and mouse rallies coming down to who can out grind the other. I'd argue Ash has more variety but Halep is the better counter puncher.

If Romania had won we would have played them on grass I reckon. Would have given Barty a big leg up against Halep and made the doubles the decider.

Be interesting to see how Sharma goes on grass as you'd think it would suit her game.

Stosur and Dasha both suck on grass so against France it will likely have to be hard to give the Australian #2 some chance of winning as Barty alone might not be able to get it done a third time with France strong in the doubles.

In Davis Cup (old version) you alternate hosting, I assume it's the same in Fed Cup. So if last time we played France it was in France, then this time it is in Australia.
I thought that, but the last time we played France it was in Russia (back when they had round-robin pools) and the time before that was Perth in the 70s.

I'm hoping for Kooyong :p

Reckon it will be RLA though. If they hadn't just played in Brissie I reckon it would have been up there.
Will they play it during the Spring Carnival. It is after the Melbourne cup but still. I reckon Sydney.

I do hope Melbourne, as I think I am there for the Spring Carnival this year so might be able to catch the last day. For non-selfish reason, I reckon Perth. Good timeslot for TV, good venue and WA will get around it.

I think its unlikely to be Melbourne.

If the roof is done by November for Ken Rosewall Arena in Sydney then they will have it there. Otherwise Perth would be a good choice if Perth Arena is free..

They are the two cities that will miss out on women's tennis next summer, so they would be the logical choice

Can't see it being held in Melbourne as the Saturday clashes with day 4 of Cup week. So media coverage would be somewhat less.

But for me the question is how much say does Barty have in the location seeing she is carrying the team. You'd think she'd want Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be played on Clay. At least they got the timing right. Still, Dont like the move but the ITF are committed to going back to the past with the Fed Cup and copying the Sham Cup.

So, Perth is the last host of the old format. The funny thing is that the last one could have the number 1 player in both singles and doubles(Kiki) playing in a blockbuster tie. they are both currently number 1 in both the race and overall and both are very passionate about Fed Cup.

Guess we can use this thread for the upcoming final on 9-10th of November.

Teams have been announced.

Huge in for as. Aja is a good player, capable of beating the best on her day. The other members, Barty, Stosur, Hon and Sharma. You think Barty x2 singles plus doubles, with Tom x2 singles and Stosur in doubles. That is a very good team. My only worry is Barty and fatigue.

French team hasn't been announced yet. Kiki is their number 1 singles and doubles player. Garcia could be named but who knows with their history. Cornet always seems to play and Parmentier for numbers.

Barty has to be careful, and I know she loves playing these things. if she wants to prolong her career, she can't be playing the schedule she did this year and all the Fed Cup plus doubles. She'll be burnt out in 2 years.

Barty has to be careful, and I know she loves playing these things. if she wants to prolong her career, she can't be playing the schedule she did this year and all the Fed Cup plus doubles. She'll be burnt out in 2 years.
She has been very smart with her schedule this year. This week is only her 15th tournament of the year, one of the lowest in the top 10. Only Serena has played less tournaments than Barty in the top 15 ranked players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back