WTA Billie Jean King Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Ajla on her day could do anything. But yeah, Bencic too good.

I will say that the crowds in Glasgow, on a quick viewing and only watching 30 mins of the semi final, looked a bit small.

I think i have made this point several times(some would say too much), but home and away ties were always the lifeblood of the Davis and BJK Cup. I might not have watched the final, but the home crowds were always something special, especially with the home team winning.

These shortened ties over 1 day and neutral venues are just not working to increase viewership

I mean, it barely made news this week. I remember the tie against France had, at least, live viewing on FTA

Ajla on her day could do anything. But yeah, Bencic too good.

I will say that the crowds in Glasgow, on a quick viewing and only watching 30 mins of the semi final, looked a bit small.

I think i have made this point several times(some would say too much), but home and away ties were always the lifeblood of the Davis and BJK Cup. I might not have watched the final, but the home crowds were always something special, especially with the home team winning.

These shortened ties over 1 day and neutral venues are just not working to increase viewership

I mean, it barely made news this week. I remember the tie against France had, at least, live viewing on FTA

It was on GEM only reason I know was in Melbourne for the T20 and was flicking the channels for something after dinner.

I don’t mind the format just wish it was promoted more

Was on Gem when Australia played on pay tv for other teams.
Crowds looked ok but those bloody noisy instruments which the European cheer squads seem to favour probably turn everyone away. I couldn't stand watching due to the noise after every point.
Outstanding players for the tie, Storm Sanders she was great, the whole Swiss team were great all stood up when needed.
Got no idea how the men's event will look like being played in Malaga next week. Australia takes on the Netherlands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back