Federal ICAC STAT!!!

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What it does do is the same as what having a police force does as opposed to having no police force…..

NSW Police have done basically zero to stop corruption since The Rum Rebellion. In fact, Im pretty sure you can trace a direct link to many of the originals to serving cops today.

Our Police Commissioner was the biggest crook in NSW and had appointed all the Assistant Commissioners who were in his gang of crooks and had driven out all the good cops. Its why we had to recruit a guy from the UK.

As mentioned previously, it's politically advantageous for the ALP to bring it in - go after LNP politicians and bang the drum about corruption there as much as possible.

The issue is that relying on investigation bodies to remain non partisan when they are both appointed by and investigating partisan members is really only a matter of time before the system is corrupted too.

The solution is for the ALP to bring in total transparent communications for politicians where anyone can search anything anyone has sent to or has been sent from a politicians office or devices or accounts - excluding those deemed to be matters of national security.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Should I salute on the way out Sir?
Its simple logistics, you obviously know or think you know of some excellent results, you know where to look, as opposed to me and anyone else reading, you have names and relevant details that narrow the search considerably.

Me, im not from vic, dont know key players names, im starting from way behind you and added to that 1000 people could read your post, so what?? 1000 people should replicate searching for something you know where to find easily?

Im always calling the rwnj’s on this as they love spurious claims then running away when called on it.

I think it should be a forum rule that if you claim something and when asked, cant source it - it should be a post delete / post modified and an infraction.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its simple logistics, you obviously know or think you know of some excellent results, you know where to look, as opposed to me and anyone else reading, you have names and relevant details that narrow the search considerably.

Me, im not from vic, dont know key players names, im starting from way behind you and added to that 1000 people could read your post, so what?? 1000 people should replicate searching for something you know where to find easily?

Im always calling the rwnj’s on this as they love spurious claims then running away when called on it.

I think it should be a forum rule that if you claim something and when asked, cant source it - it should be a post delete / post modified and an infraction.
I'm not required to answer any or all directions given to me

I generally post what I like (Mods permitting) and ignore directions that I don't like

In short, I'm my own person, not some other persons version of what they think I ought to be

I generally post what I like (Mods permitting) and ignore directions that I don't like

In short, I'm my own person, not some other persons version of what they think I ought to be

You're absolutely entitled to voice your opinion and I'd very upset if you weren't able to, but you might also be asked to qualify a statement you make - even just to bring people along with how you came to that conclusion.

Otherwise you're dictating in a debate, you're telling people the answer and then if they dare ask you to show your working you go after them personally.

It's not a complicated question to ask for some wins from Victoria's version when we are discussing whether it's been successful and if it's a good projection of what to expect from the Federal one, especially when someone has waved the flag in favor of it.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
You're absolutely entitled to voice your opinion and I'd very upset if you weren't able to, but you might also be asked to qualify a statement you make - even just to bring people along with how you came to that conclusion.

Otherwise you're dictating in a debate, you're telling people the answer and then if they dare ask you to show your working you go after them personally.

It's not a complicated question to ask for some wins from Victoria's version when we are discussing whether it's been successful and if it's a good projection of what to expect from the Federal one, especially when someone has waved the flag in favor of it.
See....every ferking time

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think one of the imperatives for Albo, will be retrospectivity

If he can get that included, I suspect there will be a few resignations from Parliament as the notion of keeping ones pension suddenly becomes very important

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth

You are arguing your case on a politics board.

If you dont source info the reasonable assumption is that you made it up.

Leave that for the trumpanzees

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Its better than nothing
Not by much. If the Vic watchdog was any good Guy wouldn't have been around for last election's racism festival or the upcoming one they'll try on again.

Not by much. If the Vic watchdog was any good Guy wouldn't have been around for last election's racism festival or the upcoming one they'll try on again.

I see it as a first step. The vested interests against these things are too strong unless a seismic event causes massive public Fury (ie what happened in NSW and Qld)

While Vic has a lot of issues, we haven't had the same degree so the perceived urgency isn't there.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
766A8A0B-D8B3-4C98-A9D5-0EDA90B22D4F.jpeg

How good is satire?!….

Apart from this scandal, the sports rorts, the airport overspending, the reef fund, the water holdings, that beach shack, the au pairs, Cormann’s free holiday from a $1 billion contractor, Joe Hockey’s possible involvement in the tendering process for a company he held shares in, Parakeelia, the drug cartel accusations, the franking credits scandal, the accommodation entitlement rorts, the helicopter thing, Stuart Robert’s internet bill, the $30 million Foxtel payout, Angus Taylor doctoring financial records, overpayment of the health services contract given to an ex-party member, the staffer jobs given to coal lobbyists, the misleading election signage, Gladys Liu’s preselection, Robodebt, Peter Dutton’s childcare interests, the $10 million rural grant to upgrade a North Sydney pool, the party hiring a former staffer to lead a corruption investigation, Morrison refusing to release the Sports Rort investigation report, the $300,000 spelling bee website, and Barnaby Joyce’s entire career, apart from all that name one reason we’d need an ICAC.”

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth

More : Friendlyjordies allegations against Dutton met with silence

Friendlyjordies allegations against Dutton met with silence​

Victoria Fielding7 March 2022, 3:00pm
An exposé on Peter Dutton by independent journalist Friendlyjordies has been ignored by the mainstream media, writes Dr Victoria Fielding.

On Friday last week, independent investigative journalist, Jordan Shanks (Friendlyjordies), released an explosive video about one of the most powerful Ministers in the Morrison Government. Since then, the story has sunk without a trace. What is going on?

Is this the mainstream news media refusing to admit Friendlyjordies has beaten them to a scandal, or is Defence Minister Peter Dutton being protected from scrutiny by his mates in the media?

As of writing, over 300,000 people have watched the Friendlyjordies piece. The investigation intricately maps out some very specific allegations about the business dealings of Dutton’s friends, including sources alleging sex scandals, drugs and dodgy dealings in lucrative government contracts.

One of the people involved in the web of intrigue exposed by Shanks is Ryan Shaw, who up until Wednesday was the Liberal National Party’s candidate for the marginal seat of Lilley. Shaw, an Army veteran, has been campaigning in the seat for months, including with Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

Peter Dutton’s GoFundMe is Coalition indifference writ large
The seat is held by Labor MP Anika Wells by the wafer-thin margin of 0.64 per cent. Not just any candidate gets placed in a must-win marginal seat. Shaw’s withdrawal, citing family and mental health issues, is a big loss to the L-NP considering they are left without a candidate weeks out from the Election and after the much-wasted investment of time and resources.

Although it is impossible to know exactly why Shaw withdrew, it is more than a little coincidental that the decision was made at the exact same time as Shanks and his team were questioning Shaw about his involvement with people in the incredibly suspect chain of events detailed in the video.

I’ve spent a lot of time around politics and I know a candidate doesn’t withdraw their candidacy over any small thing. The Friendlyjordies allegations, if they could be batted away, no doubt would have been to save Shaw’s position. Yet they weren’t.

But it isn’t just Shaw who had questions to answer over his association with people directly implicated by allegations in the explosive story. Peter Dutton is also associated with key players.

Not only does Dutton hold the powerful position of Minister for Defence, but he is also a contender for leader of the Liberal Party, should Morrison choose to step down after the Election. This scandal therefore has all the ingredients you would think the mainstream media would need to make it top priority for journalist follow up.

Senior Minister in the Morrison Government — check. A high profile candidate stepping down seemingly for no reason weeks out from the Election — check. Allegations of government contracts being used to enrich Liberal Party donors — check. Allegations of drug-fueled parties and drug-taking — check.

Friendlyjordies and the NSW Government’s demise
When I said explosive, I wasn’t kidding. Yet, so far, in the days since the story broke, there has been a wall of silence from mainstream media outlets.

The Sydney Morning Herald and the Courier Mailreported Ryan Shaw’s decision to step down from his Lilley candidacy on Wednesday, but haven’t run any follow ups since Friendlyjordies’ video went live on Friday. No mainstream media outlets that I have been able to find have mentioned the allegations made in the video, despite these allegations being evidenced with a series of damning leaked photos and emails.

On Sunday, by chance, Peter Dutton was interviewed at length by David Speers on ABC’s Insiders program. It is true that there is much on the Defence Minister’s agenda, what with the war in Ukraine and the Queensland and NSW floods, but there was plenty of time for at least one question about the Shanks allegations in the video. The Minister is not meant to define the agenda of the interview; the whole point of such questioning is to hold the Minister to account. This opportunity was missed.

So, what makes this story so untouchable by mainstream journalists? It is true that journalists like to be able to use their own sources to verify the details these stories, rather than solely relying on Jordan Shanks’ interpretation of scandal. Yet, it is also true that once there is a whiff of a scandal, usually journalists waste no time piggybacking off any allegation they can get their hands on to demand that the politician “has questions to answer”.

Last edited:
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Friendlyjordies allegations against Dutton met with silence​

Victoria Fielding7 March 2022, 3:00pm
An exposé on Peter Dutton by independent journalist Friendlyjordies has been ignored by the mainstream media, writes Dr Victoria Fielding.

On Friday last week, independent investigative journalist, Jordan Shanks (Friendlyjordies), released an explosive video about one of the most powerful Ministers in the Morrison Government. Since then, the story has sunk without a trace. What is going on?

Is this the mainstream news media refusing to admit Friendlyjordies has beaten them to a scandal, or is Defence Minister Peter Dutton being protected from scrutiny by his mates in the media?

As of writing, over 300,000 people have watched the Friendlyjordies piece. The investigation intricately maps out some very specific allegations about the business dealings of Dutton’s friends, including sources alleging sex scandals, drugs and dodgy dealings in lucrative government contracts.

One of the people involved in the web of intrigue exposed by Shanks is Ryan Shaw, who up until Wednesday was the Liberal National Party’s candidate for the marginal seat of Lilley. Shaw, an Army veteran, has been campaigning in the seat for months, including with Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

Peter Dutton’s GoFundMe is Coalition indifference writ large
The seat is held by Labor MP Anika Wells by the wafer-thin margin of 0.64 per cent. Not just any candidate gets placed in a must-win marginal seat. Shaw’s withdrawal, citing family and mental health issues, is a big loss to the L-NP considering they are left without a candidate weeks out from the Election and after the much-wasted investment of time and resources.

Although it is impossible to know exactly why Shaw withdrew, it is more than a little coincidental that the decision was made at the exact same time as Shanks and his team were questioning Shaw about his involvement with people in the incredibly suspect chain of events detailed in the video.

I’ve spent a lot of time around politics and I know a candidate doesn’t withdraw their candidacy over any small thing. The Friendlyjordies allegations, if they could be batted away, no doubt would have been to save Shaw’s position. Yet they weren’t.

But it isn’t just Shaw who had questions to answer over his association with people directly implicated by allegations in the explosive story. Peter Dutton is also associated with key players.

Not only does Dutton hold the powerful position of Minister for Defence, but he is also a contender for leader of the Liberal Party, should Morrison choose to step down after the Election. This scandal therefore has all the ingredients you would think the mainstream media would need to make it top priority for journalist follow up.

Senior Minister in the Morrison Government — check. A high profile candidate stepping down seemingly for no reason weeks out from the Election — check. Allegations of government contracts being used to enrich Liberal Party donors — check. Allegations of drug-fueled parties and drug-taking — check.

Friendlyjordies and the NSW Government’s demise
When I said explosive, I wasn’t kidding. Yet, so far, in the days since the story broke, there has been a wall of silence from mainstream media outlets.

The Sydney Morning Herald and the Courier Mailreported Ryan Shaw’s decision to step down from his Lilley candidacy on Wednesday, but haven’t run any follow ups since Friendlyjordies’ video went live on Friday. No mainstream media outlets that I have been able to find have mentioned the allegations made in the video, despite these allegations being evidenced with a series of damning leaked photos and emails.

On Sunday, by chance, Peter Dutton was interviewed at length by David Speers on ABC’s Insiders program. It is true that there is much on the Defence Minister’s agenda, what with the war in Ukraine and the Queensland and NSW floods, but there was plenty of time for at least one question about the Shanks allegations in the video. The Minister is not meant to define the agenda of the interview; the whole point of such questioning is to hold the Minister to account. This opportunity was missed.

So, what makes this story so untouchable by mainstream journalists? It is true that journalists like to be able to use their own sources to verify the details these stories, rather than solely relying on Jordan Shanks’ interpretation of scandal. Yet, it is also true that once there is a whiff of a scandal, usually journalists waste no time piggybacking off any allegation they can get their hands on to demand that the politician “has questions to answer”.

More : Friendlyjordies allegations against Dutton met with silence
Al, d'you think in future you could put the link at the top, to ensure the journalist actually gets the page view instead of someone reading the article then doesn't click it at the end?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Al, d'you think in future you could put the link at the top, to ensure the journalist actually gets the page view instead of someone reading the article then doesn't click it at the end?
Never thought of that : roger wilco

*reserves right to not do it for dolt, cretin, van onerous etc

Back