Federer vs Safin

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you see during the last shot of the last point how Federer was crawling to get to the ball before he relised he couldnt get it.

Amazing.

Would love to watch the rest of this but the way Channel 7 are going with this live telecast, I can catch match point at breakfast tomorrow.

Good on ya Safin. Brilliant stuff.

What a match, Don't think I have seen anything like that in my life in such a pressure situation. Credit must go to both players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue Red and Gold said:
Great match, I am dead set spewing it isnt live, at the moment its match point Safin at 5-4 :mad:
Lucky you, it's 2-2 in the fifth in Brisbane.

Yes it was definitely the best game of tennis I've ever seen.

With Sharapova losing earlier, this result has made me get over it. :D

Good luck in the final Marat, and also wlel done Federer for making it a brillant match.

Sauron said:
I'm going against the trend here.

Safin in five sets.

I called it first, I get dibs!

Federer is not "unbeatable" and is not better than Sampras, well not yet anyway. People forget that he's mortal.

Sauron said:
I called it first, I get dibs!

Federer is not "unbeatable" and is not better than Sampras, well not yet anyway. People forget that he's mortal.

He is better than Sampras. No one in the world could have beaten him tonight bar Safin, which on his day is 2nd to no one ever.

Ask Sampras about losing to Safin.

Bentleigh said:
Courier is hugging Safin in the post match interview in Melbourne.

Melbourne > Brisbane.
I listening to the radio coverage and was getting scoreboard updates from the official site. Remember, Melbourne is one hour ahead so I guess Brisbane had to fit in with prime time commitments.

Anybody know how long the game went?

Bentleigh said:
I was out :(

What happened?

Federer I think was down match point or break point and he pulled off a drop shot that only he could do from back on the base line.

JA questioned if that was the correct thing to do, Courier responded that he would rather see a bloke do that and go against the norm than see someone just play it safe.

JA then questioned that and it went on for a while at the change of ends, Bruce intervened and got them back onto the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back