Family & Relationships Feelings for two people at once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grass is always greener. Solution is obvious though. Stick with your committed girlfriend that you know and love, and add the other chick on facebook and insta so you can wank over her beach pics.

It's easy, I love two men. My husband and Jesus.
The Jesus

But to answer the question, I've been there, but I was also very young at the time (19) so "love" didn't mean what it means now.
Then again, you're describing re: the person who isn't your partner still sounds more like lust than love.

Grass is always greener. Solution is obvious though. Stick with your committed girlfriend that you know and love, and add the other chick on facebook and insta so you can wank over her beach pics.

What if their beauty just does not translate to picture?

Sent from mTalk

The Jesus

But to answer the question, I've been there, but I was also very young at the time (19) so "love" didn't mean what it means now.
Then again, you're describing re: the person who isn't your partner still sounds more like lust than love.
There're different forms of love x

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a weird position and not the most fun head space to be in.

I've been with my girlfriend for five years and still love her to bits, my feelings for her haven't changed, but someone else is making me feel the early feelings I felt five years ago when I was first hanging out with my partner. I've known this new chick a few years so she's not exactly new on the block. Maybe it's just lust? Maybe the seven year itch came early for me, in the form of teenage crushing? Maybe it'll go soon enough and it's just a phase?

No a threesome is out of the question, and I'm not gonna sneak off behind my partner's back for some extra 'tang. I'm not exactly asking for advice, I'm interested to read if anyone else has experienced this before, and how they went about it?

There you go then. What you only have feelings for one other person? Only problem you have is when you think s**t I made the wrong choice or you're actively swinging branches. Otherwise suggest the threesome. She probably as bored as you.

It's a weird position and not the most fun head space to be in.

I've been with my girlfriend for five years and still love her to bits, my feelings for her haven't changed, but someone else is making me feel the early feelings I felt five years ago when I was first hanging out with my partner. I've known this new chick a few years so she's not exactly new on the block. Maybe it's just lust? Maybe the seven year itch came early for me, in the form of teenage crushing? Maybe it'll go soon enough and it's just a phase?

No a threesome is out of the question, and I'm not gonna sneak off behind my partner's back for some extra 'tang. I'm not exactly asking for advice, I'm interested to read if anyone else has experienced this before, and how they went about it?
5 years is a key here. There’s a few key points things are more likely to go to s**t. Not in any particular order:
  • At 18 months when chemical love wears off
  • When you move in together and their/your annoying habits are constant and compromise is required
  • At 5 - 7 years when ‘the routine’ has the mind start thinking about the excitement of new love
  • When you have kids
Are you in a routine with your partner and every week seems the same? You could probably do with a week (or at least weekend) away from ‘normal’. There’s nothing wrong at any point with thinking someone else is hot and having lustful thoughts, as long as you aren’t planning to act on them. And just as importantly your feelings for your partner aren’t changing. That’s the key one. The other will pass, if you don’t act on it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back