Female Guitarists

Carlos

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2001
Beneath the blue & white
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They'de be bass players champ. Theres lotsa good female one's of those.

Off the top of my head, i am coming up pretty thin on chick guitarists.

Adalita from Magic Dirt goes ok.

Charlotte Hatherlyey from Ash is another who seems like she can play.

Um, er, CC Deville from Poison? :D

Dec 22, 2004
Ferntree Gully, Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Carlos said:
Relatively unknown. Aussie chick right?

Carlos said:
No idea who that is.

Carlos said:
:thumbsu:

diablo14 said:
kim deal?
Who?

diablo14 said:
chrissy hynde?
Who? Misread this at first and thought you said Chrissy Hyde. :D

diablo14 said:
doesnt one of the wilson sisters play?
The who sisters?

oxx said:
Steve Vai
:D

meh said:
1 of the corrs i guess
Meh.

Hardly any breathtaking ones out there. A couple more come to mind though; The Dixie Chicks I think, Casey Chambers. I've seen Shakira "play" in her music video, and one of The Veronicas plays... the uglier one.

oaksy

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2005
Malvern East, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United, Celtics, Pats, RedSox
Carlos said:
They'de be bass players champ. Theres lotsa good female one's of those.

Off the top of my head, i am coming up pretty thin on chick guitarists.

sorry last time i checked the bass was a guitar, maybe if this thread was specifically about female lead guitarists, i wouldnt have said them.

FrangaRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Cardiff City
I can only think of the guitarist from Kitty.

Also, i would like to suggest that the 'chick' from Jebs get exluded, on the grounds of her being a borderline female.

Dec 22, 2004
Ferntree Gully, Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
oaksy said:
sorry last time i checked the bass was a guitar, maybe if this thread was specifically about female lead guitarists, i wouldnt have said them.
That's basically what I'm getting at though. My main point is that there are no groundbreaking female lead guitarists to have had a major effect on the history of music.

But, sorry mate, you comment amuses me. A bass is a bass, played by bassists. A guitar is a guitar, played by guitarists. Hence the thread title. :)

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
metallichris said:
That's basically what I'm getting at though. My main point is that there are no groundbreaking female lead guitarists to have had a major effect on the history of music.

But, sorry mate, you comment amuses me. A bass is a bass, played by bassists. A guitar is a guitar, played by guitarists. Hence the thread title. :)

it is actually called a bass guitar also.

w00dy

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
metallichris said:

you're right, a bass is a bass, a guitar a guitar...

and to add to the list there is the chick from little birdy, not sure of her name... there is also this chick: Liz Buckingham from Electric Wizard. I have no idea who they are, but have heard they're good, and apparently she can play too...

ElectricWizard_paris_sept05_8.jpg

spunky_d

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2005
w00dy said:
you're right, a bass is a bass, a guitar a guitar...

and to add to the list there is the chick from little birdy, not sure of her name... there is also this chick: Liz Buckingham from Electric Wizard. I have no idea who they are, but have heard they're good, and apparently she can play too...

Liz is tops!! :thumbsu:

Dec 22, 2004
Ferntree Gully, Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
diablo14 said:
it is actually called a bass guitar also.
Bass guitar yes, but are people that play them labelled as bass guitarists? No, they're called bassists. ;)

brownys girl said:
I play guitar, and im a female.
I love my guitars.
How long you been playing and how old are you? Also what gear do you use?

cogs24 said:
And you are really good, so is your band
Oh, brotherly-sisterly love. :D

Eriiin said:
Um, duh... Brody Dalle
Um, duh... who?

brownys girl

Rookie
Oct 30, 2005
Nathan Brown is Hot
Other Teams
tigerz
metallichris said:
How long you been playing and how old are you? Also what gear do you use?
I have been playing for about 3 years and im 16.
I have a fender strat, a Ibanez RGT42DX and a Epiphone G400.
I also have a ZW-45 Wah pedal a ZW-44 Overdrive and a Boss GT6 effects board

Dec 22, 2004
Ferntree Gully, Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
brownys girl said:
I have been playing for about 3 years and im 16.
I have a fender strat, a Ibanez RGT42DX and a Epiphone G400.
I also have a ZW-45 Wah pedal a ZW-44 Overdrive and a Boss GT6 effects board
Wow. You have a better setup than me. :D Where'd you get the money for the GT-6!? :eek: Not to mention everything else. I need a job. :D

I started in '97, for a few months, but quit soon after. Managed to learn to fret then though, so it wasn't all for nothing. Discovered and took a liking to more guitar-orientated music in '99 and every now and then pulled it (Valencia nylon acoustic) out of the old case and tried to play along.

Got my first electric in '01 (Ibanez RX-40 :eek:), been playing since. Got Dunlop Crybaby in '02, an Epiphone LP100 in '03, Boss MT-2 pedal late '04, and my latest purchase is an ESP LTD KH-202, May '05. 17 now.

What are your influences? (Not Browny, I'm talking musical. :D)

Eriiin said:
From The Distillers :eek:
Meh.

brownys girl

Rookie
Oct 30, 2005
Nathan Brown is Hot
Other Teams
tigerz
metallichris said:
Wow. You have a better setup than me. :D Where'd you get the money for the GT-6!? :eek: Not to mention everything else. I need a job. :D

I started in '97, for a few months, but quit soon after. Managed to learn to fret then though, so it wasn't all for nothing. Discovered and took a liking to more guitar-orientated music in '99 and every now and then pulled it (Valencia nylon acoustic) out of the old case and tried to play along.

Got my first electric in '01 (Ibanez RX-40 :eek:), been playing since. Got Dunlop Crybaby in '02, an Epiphone LP100 in '03, Boss MT-2 pedal late '04, and my latest purchase is an ESP LTD KH-202, May '05. 17 now.

What are your influences? (Not Browny, I'm talking musical. :D)

Meh.

Favourite band is Slipknot, i like Korn aswell. But im in a Pop Punk band:eek: .
I got the Ibanez for christmas in 2002 i think it was and taught myself to play for the first year. After that i took lessons to get a bit better. At the start of this year my bro(Cogs24) gave me his strat and GT-6 because he stopped playing. I got the ZW-44 overdrive for my birthday this year and bought the G-400 with my birthday money(i really wanted a SG but couldnt afford one) And i got the ZW-45 about 2 weeks ago of Ebay

Back