Female Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
My girlfriend lives in New York, I am here in Adelaide and just got back from a 2 week holiday over there. We are madly in love but I just missed Valentine's day with her because of flights and getting back to work. I said to her I would send over a goodie Box and I have a few things in there but would like to put in more. I have Brought her a digital Photo frame, A digital image key ring, a few Bath oils, Scented candles, body wash and some sexy lingere, but I feel like my box to her is lacking something. Could someone please give me some ideas of what else to chuck in there? I have made her a card also.

Also Adult toys and the like are not needed.

No offense but all the things you have got her are pretty standard. IMO you should get her something a bit different.

No offense but all the things you have got her are pretty standard. IMO you should get her something a bit different.

Yeah I know but I have no idea what to get her, I am thinking a braclet with our initials and date on it, but that leave me nothing in reserve for our 6 months in a few weeks!

Surely you know her well enough to get something more personal. Like r dub said, that stuff is pretty standard, and to be honest, every girl has a ton of body wash and scented candles. What's she into? Reading, music? Get her something she's been hanging out for, or vintage records or books (her favourites) are fun. A ticket to something she wants to see, or something fun. A friend of mine bought a 'swimming with dolphins' thing for his girlfriend's birthday (maybe a bit extreme for V Day but it's up to you). Obviously plan this for when you might next be together!

Maybe something cute like a handmade photo album or mixed tape (CD...)? Unique ornaments and that kind of thing are nice.

Jewellery is always a winner, if you know her taste. Scarves are good, but maybe not since it's coming up to summer in NY!

In the end, make it personal.

If a vibrator isn't necessary in a long distance thing, then neither are you. Send the vibrator. Or is it because she's already got one?

Get her a big thick mystery/whodunit type of book. Not a paperback. Get a hardback copy. That and the vibrator will keep her busy until you can hook up again.

Save all the girly-smelly oils and stuff for a present when you can afford to be more generic.

Peace & you're welcome

mate she aussie or yank?

how often us ee each other?? hows the whole long distant thing working out for you both?

sorry im thinking baout what to put int he box still...

My girlfriend lives in New York, I am here in Adelaide and just got back from a 2 week holiday over there. We are madly in love but I just missed Valentine's day with her because of flights and getting back to work. I said to her I would send over a goodie Box and I have a few things in there but would like to put in more. I have Brought her a digital Photo frame, A digital image key ring, a few Bath oils, Scented candles, body wash and some sexy lingere, but I feel like my box to her is lacking something. Could someone please give me some ideas of what else to chuck in there? I have made her a card also.

You buy a lady that you love who you aren't going to see sexy lingerie?

Haha, I read this as if you were still on the topic of vibrators :D

Or was that your intention?

:)

As a side note, when buying a vibrator for your girl to use, always get one that's SMALLER than your own willie. Learn how to use it on her. Often. Afterward, when she's laying there in a huff and a sweat, her primitive post-orgasm brain will know two things:

1. You give her orgasms regardless
2. At least you're bigger than the damn vibrator

mate she aussie or yank?

how often us ee each other?? hows the whole long distant thing working out for you both?

sorry im thinking baout what to put int he box still...

Yeah it is a slog, We just talk heaps and are overly honest with eachother! We have hit some rocks and snags, but we have worked hard and got through them. I wouldn't recomend it as a first option, but I would not change my love for her for anything else in the world!

She is a Yank, But a sexy Yank.

As for the Vibrator I brought her that when she returned, But I trust her, I don't think she would go sleep around! The lingere, Just something to make her feel sexy and pick her up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he should give her something so she knows what's on his mind.

Don't get her a diamond ring, that sort of gift don't mean anything. Don't get her a fancy car, she's gotta know she's your shining star. Don't get her a house in the hills, a girl like her needs something real. Get her something from the heart, something special ...

Is it just me, or has anybody else never seen the need to buy a chick a whole lot of "stuff" to impress her / make her like you / get in her pants / all of the above (a la that CBA ad :p).

If she likes you for what you are, you don't need to buy her a whole lot of crap just to impress her.

If not, if it flies, floats or ****s, it's cheaper to rent it.:D

Christ, by the sounds of it, you could have just about afforded to snag her a ticket back here and given her a good seeing to rather than just sending over one of each type of item David Jones has on their shelves.

Seriously though, send her something meaningful. Something that reminds her of you all the time or reminds her of an awesome or funny moment you shared. Sending over a heap of random material goods won't do you any good. She'll love it, don't get me wrong, girls are obsessed with material goods, but it won't get you anywhere, particularly given your proximity.

Seriously though, send her something meaningful. Something that reminds her of you all the time or reminds her of an awesome or funny moment you shared.

I agree with that. Little things like, a napkin from a restaurant you went to even if its a KFC refresher towel - had some good time at KFC. A picture of something that would remind her of your times together.

If she is umimpressed by that, shes a tad materialistic.

Mate, I feel for you - I went through the same thing for about two years until I ended up here in the US. Those sexy yanks eh, they seem to be a bit alluring ;)

I would definitely go for something with a more personal touch, as already suggested. Going for the more expensive items shows some thought, but women appreciate thoughtfulness more than most guys think. Get her something cheap but meaningful or which reflects something about her, and they'll like it. Get her something expensive but generic, she'll still like it, but it wont have the same thought attached to it. It can be hard to find something, though!

Just to personalise the gifts, why not upload a photo/series of photos to that digital photo frame? That way its not the frame you're sending, but photo's of you and her?

Send her a teddy (something aussie like a koala) and tell her its "RangaInTeal jr", his job is to keep her company while you're away. If you really want to personalise it you can buy a cheap(ish) bracelet, engrave something into it, and let the bear wear it.

Find a nice picture of the two of you together, then go to one of those places where you can put your own photos on coffee mugs. She'll be reminded of you every morning.

It's a stupid gift but (non-materialistic) chicks love that s**t. :thumbsu:

Is it just me, or has anybody else never seen the need to buy a chick a whole lot of "stuff" to impress her / make her like you / get in her pants / all of the above (a la that CBA ad :p).

If she likes you for what you are, you don't need to buy her a whole lot of crap just to impress her.

If not, if it flies, floats or ****s, it's cheaper to rent it.:D

Not me. Buying stuff for her once u are in a relationship (ie regular sex) is OK (like in this case), but if you have just met or she hasnt put out yet, give her nothing..dont even buy her drinks at the bar unless u are doing rounds (although one coffee might not hurt). Certainly dont pay for her dinner or movie ticket if you arent already having sex with her. You are just rewarding her for nothing if u do.

Not me. Buying stuff for her once u are in a relationship (ie regular sex) is OK (like in this case), but if you have just met or she hasnt put out yet, give her nothing..dont even buy her drinks at the bar unless u are doing rounds (although one coffee might not hurt). Certainly dont pay for her dinner or movie ticket if you arent already having sex with her. You are just rewarding her for nothing if u do.

Haha, hey tiger, if you're good enough in bed, you wouldn't need to buy her stuff for sleeping with you. It would be its own reward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back