Roast Female pedestrian crossing lights for "gender equality"

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it disgusting we don't have LGBT traffic lights by now

I was upset about that, too, but now I live in a suburb where only the red/don't walk figure is a fascistic, patriarchal, and plainly bigoted man, whilst the green/walk figure is a righteous, vegan, gay/transgender or otherwise gender non-specific environmentalist with a pop-up cafe and a penchant for cutting edge architecture.

While I don't like being told not to walk across the road by the bigot, I have to acknowledge that his advice not to cross the road is usually quite wise. In any case, the pain of being subject to his authoritarian command is quickly soothed by the beckoning glow of my green LGBT friend.

Excellent idea ...

... not necessarily for the reasons stated, but potentially for creating something iconic.

Berlin kicked the concept off with their iconic Ampelmann ...

gokVH9bBWf8ufmilSGE8bL8OCfe8SET_GLRFEiHLP-8EhobiLIpHMNZvNCS9yEqtol-DumpCRXNCK-rYip54mI4H0NK0JviJO-rD-GhZh4ETrebuKVFJbnoIBpVA75dDSCxsRLErTHGTDWFo22wk1SM8O4w7DHQ-shQx1uNcv-nOAmE-jd7ToT31_Mw=w384-h384-nc

There ain't much that North Korea does well in this world, but 'female' and 'traffic control' does happen to be one of them. But they use real women ...

I'm more concerned that we now have lights at ground level for people who have their head stuck in their phones.

I would rather we stuck with natural selection.

Just another example of the women's movement's obsession with tracking down anything remotely having to do with gender equality.

My mother was an original and genuine 'suffragette' and would be turning in her grave at the current emasculation tactics - it's just a vindictive look.

No sure but think that those perpetually outraged needed something at that time.

Storm in a traffic light.

I guess it depends on what the pretext of this was. There is a big difference between ...

(A) “Hey, we’re celebrating the work of young creative designers who have come up with a new traffic crossing icon who is now female ... any new or repaired crossings will feature this new character”

... and ...

(B) “The state’s anti-discrimination commission has ruled that male pedestrian crossing characters represent institutional societal discrimination and have given the government a period of 12 months to retrofit 50% of the state’s pedestrian crossings to show female characters at significant cost to the taxpayer”

The OP seems to have framed it more like (B) but that’s not necessarily the reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back