Roast Female pedestrian crossing lights for "gender equality"

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
As most of you may of heard one way or another the government are bringing in female silhouettes instead of the male on pedestrian crossing as they as worried it seems discriminating to women.

What an absolute joke this world is coming to, most women probably dont even give a stuff about it, clearly its a political correctness overload.

So this is where our tax money is going ladies and gentleman. Millions to be spent on this useless scheme when the money could clearly be used else where.

As most of you may of heard one way or another the government are bringing in female silhouettes instead of the male on pedestrian crossing as they as worried it seems discriminating to women.

What an absolute joke this world is coming to, most women probably dont even give a stuff about it, clearly its a political correctness overload.

So this is where our tax money is going ladies and gentleman. Millions to be spent on this useless scheme when the money could clearly be used else where.
Agree, pretty silly but didn't cost anything to the taxpayer, non-issue.

I think its a great idea.

I can see merit in the idea. The cost/benefit analysis would need to be taken into consideration, sure, but there's no other reason I can see why 50% of the pedestrian crossings in the nation shouldn't have female silhouettes.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
They might stop when there is gender equality.

Puhleeze. We (the West) do have gender equality. As evidenced by, inter alia, female majority graduates in e.g. Law and Medicine. It happened decades ago. My doctors, dentists and lawyers (but not accountants) are all of the female persuasion.

There has been a liberation of women in the West (unlike in the TW) due to the genders having lost their traditional established cultural and linear roles. And this loss created the concept of gender equality and concomitant competition between the sexes/genders. It explains why the current perception of sexism/gender equality was not an issue 50 years ago for those living in that period (which would include me).

Gender equality is just another tedious cultural Marxist battle cry, redundant in the circumstances.

And gender equality has responsibilities as well as privileges.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
Puhleeze. We (the West) do have gender equality. As evidenced by, inter alia, female majority graduates in e.g. Law and Medicine. It happened decades ago. My doctors, dentists and lawyers (but not accountants) are all of the female persuasion.

There has been a liberation of women in the West (unlike in the TW) due to the genders having lost their traditional established cultural and linear roles. And this loss created the concept of gender equality and concomitant competition between the sexes/genders. It explains why the current perception of sexism/gender equality was not an issue 50 years ago for those living in that period (which would include me).

Gender equality is just another tedious cultural Marxist battle cry, redundant in the circumstances.

And gender equality has responsibilities as well as privileges.

Altho I might have to eat some crow here, in a more cultural sense, after having read the link below
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4300564/Man-switches-names-female-coworker-week.html

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I can see merit in the idea. The cost/benefit analysis would need to be taken into consideration, sure, but there's no other reason I can see why 50% of the pedestrian crossings in the nation shouldn't have female silhouettes.
So long as 50% of the baby changing rooms feature dads rather than just mums as they currently do. Talk about sexist.
Seriously, all of the cries for equality only ever go in one direction. What about fixing the enormous gender disparity in our universities or focusing on the horrific gender gap in workplace deaths-95% male? Better to focus on the mythical reasons for the gender wage gap.
:rolleyes:

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I changed my mind after noticing that the green man actually looks like a women.
How do you know the green figure is male. It contradicts everything the progressive crowd tells us. Using a dress to represent females is outrageous in this day and age. What a disgusting, prejudiced assumption-just because the figure is in pants it must be a male.

How do you know the green figure is male. It contradicts everything the progressive crowd tells us. Using a dress to represent females is outrageous in this day and age. What a disgusting, prejudiced assumption-just because the figure is in pants it must be a male.

That's what I mean. The figure could be either male or female.

Heater39

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
IMO it's ridiculous that people complain about it (from both sides) but if they are going to do something about it, why not just make the lights say walk or don't walk so it doesn't create more whinging?

Back