Society/Culture Feminism - 2016 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I occasionally lose the plot but it isn't because of what other people say or don't say, it is because I have moments where
forget something or my typing gets a little fuzzy.

we are not at war but we are trying to establish the fact that we can be wrong without it being anything other than a
personal thing and also that it isn't anything to do with anyone else.

this is what I am hearing here... it is normal to chuck a sickie, or tell someone they are not doing something right, or else to
want to tell everyone to shove off because you want time to yourself, or even that god forbid they are or have done something
wrong.

it isn't always to do with male and female although some like to have a fight just because...

grumble, grumble, s**t happens and I am not talking anymore... so shove off... :cool:

A few months ago myself and some mates were at the Terminus having a great time getting right off.

We spotted Clementine Ford having drinks with her friends and we thought we better behave in case she puts a blog up about us. To be fair I got in her way at the bar several times and she very kindly asked if I could excuse myself out of her way.

But still, scary stuff having her around.

A few months ago myself and some mates were at the Terminus having a great time getting right off.

We spotted Clementine Ford having drinks with her friends and we thought we better behave in case she puts a blog up about us. To be fair I got in her way at the bar several times and she very kindly asked if I could excuse myself out of her way.

But still, scary stuff having her around.

It's probably best if you do just leave it. She is a dreadful writer however like all opinion writers she is paid for putting out outrageous discussion points, similar to Bolt.

It's probably best if you do just leave it. She is a dreadful writer however like all opinion writers she is paid for putting out outrageous discussion points, similar to Bolt.

Its funny how she never gets attacked in the same way Bolt does for his views, yet some of the stuff she spouts is akin to hate speech and not helpful for society imo.

Its funny how she never gets attacked in the same way Bolt does for his views, yet some of the stuff she spouts is akin to hate speech and not helpful for society imo.

One of the great ironies her type just ignore. Which gender can write or say what they please with zero accountability or repercussions and which gender has to be extremely careful of doing the same.
She has the luxury of promoting hate speech while being protected by her female privilege. Try to counter her extremist views and watch how quickly you are shamed and ridiculed and the hatred is laid at your feet. Misogynist ! Misogynist ! The myth of female oppression is a joke to her

Its not akin. It is.

But she makes angry people feel better about themselves and the rest of us get to laugh at her.

Succesful man publicly praises wife for the sacrifices she's made for their family - still not enough to make some feminists happy. I think the right answer in the author's world is for Gosling to stay at home and give birth to the children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...golden-globes-speech-la-la-land-a7517781.html

Yeah but this whole war between men and women that is perpetrated by the media is only to get more clicks on their websites. The media don't care that they are causing problems in society, all they care about is more clicks to be able to charge more for advertising on their sites. Its disgraceful really, but since when have the media had any morals where money is involved?

Yeah but this whole war between men and women that is perpetrated by the media is only to get more clicks on their websites. The media don't care that they are causing problems in society, all they care about is more clicks to be able to charge more for advertising on their sites. Its disgraceful really, but since when have the media had any morals where money is involved?
Embarrassing for what was formerly a broadsheet paper.

Loon? Rhymes with Boone. Here's an appropriate video to insert into this thread.

Shame on you Chief, he of unmatched wisdom.

tumblr_mpgmncZtAs1qa0eo4o1_500.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting to see a lot more feminist activism in response to the Trump government. If his policy is as his rhetoric has been it will probably be required too, and there are some whack jobs behind him whose love of freedoms, and liberty doesn't seem to extend to letting women control their own bodies.

We'll see, with no warning at all Tony Abbott appointed himself Minister for Women with an agenda to reverse most of Julia Gillard's policy. Ready to answer the call of leading feminists to make a furious sign and march on Parliament, nothing happened.

We'll see, with no warning at all Tony Abbott appointed himself Minister for Women with an agenda to reverse most of Julia Gillard's policy. Ready to answer the call of leading feminists to make a furious sign and march on Parliament, nothing happened.
I think most people laughed or busy ironing and thought it wasn't worth being furious or marching. Turns out they were right.

To be fair to ole Tones he was going to cut loose with his ridiculous idea concerning paid maternity leave!!

Tones silly ideas had to get through two houses of Parliament, the American system is complicated and an entirely different kettle of fish. Also with Washington being a democrat state, the protestors are already there to march on Capitol Hill :)

Succesful man publicly praises wife for the sacrifices she's made for their family - still not enough to make some feminists happy. I think the right answer in the author's world is for Gosling to stay at home and give birth to the children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...golden-globes-speech-la-la-land-a7517781.html

Honestly, I quite strongly believe that misandrist bigots have hijacked the feminist movement and have affected how the movement is perceived by the Australian public.

Politically, it may therefore be prudent for ALP and the Greens to distance themselves from the modern-day feminist movement as much as possible. I reckon it would make them more electable. Heaven knows we need them to be electable against the Plutocratic Party (the LNP).

To be fair to ole Tones he was going to cut loose with his ridiculous idea concerning paid maternity leave!!

Tones silly ideas had to get through two houses of Parliament, the American system is complicated and an entirely different kettle of fish. Also with Washington being a democrat state, the protestors are already there to march on Capitol Hill :)

I miss Tones .. for the memes. The embarrassing gaffes, who could forget his suppository of wisdom and threatening to shirtfront Vladimir Putin I had so much fun but thought I'd die laughing when Bronnie was busted on Choppergate. It's been so boring under Turnbull.

=========================

Continued in 2017 thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/feminism-2017-thread.1159850/

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back